• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you...?

sign chick

I'm not really sure how to explain this. What I want to do is, on a white background, print an object that fades from red to yellow without printing it as 4-color process. Is there a way to do that? I can print red on a yellow background to make the fade but I can't figure out if it's possible to fade the 2 colors on a white background. There is blue text on the decals also. Basically I'm trying to print these things using 3 colors instead of 4.

Make sense?:help:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There's a couple of different ways to do it depending on your software ..... and yes using yellow vinyl is also a way to do it.

If you have Omega 2, two color spot fades is one of the features that began with that version. If you're using older GSP software then you can still do it using CMYK and just keep your colors all process yellow and magenta .... so you just use two colors anyway.

sign chick

THANK YOU, FRED!

Your suggestion worked! I'm using GA 6.2 and have been for years and I still find out things I didn't know it could do!

D'oh!
:biggrin: