• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How dumb is this?

ucmj22

Was I an absolute buffoon for agreeing to do this with the awning still attached? 1 of 3 things are going to happen tonight, I'm going to finish this panel, and say F it an go home, stay til 5 am and actually finish it, or just straight quit all together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 148

ucmj22

I'm always by myself, they told me Id have help which is why I made the panels full width instead of 48". The owner said the bar is spring loaded and if we took it off it would have to go back to the dealer to get reassembled.
I worked 78 hours last week, then I'm going to be here all night tonight doing this, then on no sleep drive to StL to deliver and supervise installation of the taffy trailer I posted yesterday. I really think I'm just ... Done. This awning is my straw..

ucmj22

Thanks for the encouragement. The problem is I know I can do it, I just can't find a good reason to keep doing it. Over the last 45 min I've been trying to decide if this pain in my chest is just my body trying to come up with an excuse to quit working, or if I should actually go to the hospital. 29 is too young for a heart attack right? I don't even know why I'm complaining, I know I'm just going to ignore the pain and keep working.. FML

ProWraps

well, there is the option of just flipping the switch on the right side of the awning, pulling it out about 3 feet and wrapping with no problems behind it... i dunno. i would probably pick that one though.

ucmj22

well, there is the option of just flipping the switch on the right side of the awning, pulling it out about 3 feet and wrapping with no problems behind it... i dunno. i would probably pick that one though.

That is an excellent idea... I'll have to take the top level off my scaffold to fit under the awning again.... FUDGE. I can't get the top level off by myself, and manhandling a 52" print on a ladder, under an awning by myself is basically just as bad.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is there any way to pin or clamp the spring retractor then just unbolt the whole thing? When we do roll up door & lift gate repairs on trucks we have to do that to get the proper tension set.

ucmj22

I did finish the side, and I meant to upload a picture, but it looks like it got deleted off my phone when I put it on to the work computer. But I uploaded a pic of the other side so you could see what it was supposed to look like. I guess it wasn't the straw that broke the camels back as that was saved for tonight's barrage of texts and phone calls that ultimately led to my respectful resignation. Que sera sera

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 137