• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long do you keep vehicles in your shop after a wrap/decals are installed

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Just had a vehicle leave this morning and I was telling her not to wash in a carwash for a month or two, as it's not down tight yet. In fact, if you can avoid car washes altogether that would be good. She said, being a Remax person, we have a contract to run our vehicles through a carwash several times a month. She said, I'm not gonna do this by hand. This stuff should last. Oh well...............
a month?! We tell them a 7-10 days.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Up here in the colder months, no matter how careful ya are, there's bound to be areas that don't adhere 100%. Wrap and die-cut alike. If we had more warm sun, I'd say less time might be alright, but only the sun will keep those areas down. If you a wrap shop, doing a dozen vehicles a week or more, than you might have adequate tools..... heaters and whatnot to be a little more sure of yourself, but we don't have all the neat toys, so for over 36 years, we've been telling people at least a month or two.