• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long do you outgas?

ProWraps

about a minute...

that's about how long it takes to cut the material off the machice and take it over to the laminator.

100% serious, never a problem.

some of my stuff is on national TV, i'm never worried it's going to "de-laminate", whatever that might be....

:popcorn:

RobbyMac

typically 12-24 hrs. We run into problems if we laminate it too quickly.

Heres a recent example. We did a colormatch and patch. On our vutek, using avery 1005 ezrs, dol 1060 lam. I printed the patch panels, but the customer insisted that we patch part of the trailer that same day. It was a race team that need a sponsor covered up. The rest of the patch could wait. The team was leaving at noon, on a friday and we got word it had to print and install 2 hours prior. So I ripped, printed the panels... One panel cut off and went straight to lam, cut, cover, install. I did not see it at install only to find later that the panel did not match.
On monday, we laminated the remaining panels, and the installer came back saying the colors didn't match up. It was a bright red, and matched the trailer, but according to them, the panel we put on previously had a pinkish tint to it.
I'm like 'The panels were all printed on the same roll at the same time'. The only difference was the time between print and lam. 2 mins versus 2 days.
To make it easier, I reprinted the 1st panel, and gave it the proper drying time the 2nd time around.

But there are always rush jobs that have to be completed at all costs, so alot of work goes out with little time to dry. One of the reasons we recently picked up the HP Latex printer.