• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long to you warranty wraps?

Kemble

3M IJ180CV3 printed from our old HP 365 Latex printer using 3M 8518 Laminate.

We have a customer that had several vehicles wrapped from us over the past few years. Every one of them are having different issues. Some of them are definitely installer error with fail points, some are bubbles, some are cracked due to sun damage. Lots of different things. My question is, how long after install do you warranty defects? 1 month, 1 year, lifetime? Depends on the type of failure?

Thanks

2B

NOTE:
While XXXXX uses only uses the best high-performance wrap vinyl available for their graphics, which can / will produce MANY years of life.
These materials can be damaged if abused, vandalized, or improper care & maintenance, acts of God, Etc. resulting in shorter life expectancies and/or visual issues with the designs.

The direction the surface of the graphics is facing will also play a factor in the longevity of the graphics as well as the rate of "fading" and/or "UV burn"

XXXXX is not responsible for any warranty claims if the provided care and maintenance guidelines are not followed and/or if the above-listed happens.

If you notice any issues / concerns, please contact us within seven days of issues / concerns being noticed to be valid for a claim.
Claims must include the original invoice # as proof of purchase and the vehicle’s VIN number, along with digital images of the issues / concerns, the images MUST be clear, focused, and easy to discern. Multiple angles and zoom are required

* Product life expectancy is rated for ideal conditions. This does not constitute a product warranty.
** Please contact for full warranty terms

2B

3M IJ180CV3 printed from our old HP 365 Latex printer using 3M 8518 Laminate.

We have a customer that had several vehicles wrapped from us over the past few years. Every one of them are having different issues. Some of them are definitely installer error with fail points, some are bubbles, some are cracked due to sun damage. Lots of different things. My question is, how long after install do you warranty defects? 1 month, 1 year, lifetime? Depends on the type of failure?

Thanks

The project does NOT leave your shop with known issues. do a close Quality Control check during the ENTIRE installation process
If the installer is "new" practice on the shop vehicle, on their vehicle, random items in the shop, ETC.

This will be a reflection of your reputation. How do you want your reputation to be known?

signheremd

Bubbles are installer error as well. This is your business and not a settlement, so if you want to keep your customer and have them spread good things about you then you should stand behind your work and be willing to correct most of these things. As to Cracks, all manufacturers offer a material warranty and you should defer to that. If it has been outside of that allotted time for this application, then the material warranty is over. Typically labor warranty would run for 1 year. I agree with 2B re quality control and errors not leaving the shop. Usually agree with Notarealsignguy, but not this time. If you offer a taillight warranty customers might start offering taillight jobs...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You could probably avoid a lot of this type of thing if you steer customers away from any horizontal graphics. Do something on the sides and back but leave the rest. It has little value and only lowers the lifespan of the product as a whole.

somcalmetim

We have great luck with 180 and 8519 on our Roland VG2 Solvent...I do most installs myself so its clean and leaves with no bubbles/bridging and I use adhesion primer sticks on complex areas...only cracking I have seen is maybe on a bridged panel that someone forgot to trim or a badly tented rivet after a couple years of over zealous power washing...other than that the only time I have seen that material crack is on a nearly 10 year old wrapped trailer left in near constant sun...but this is overly polite Canadinavian sun so we arent talking about FL sun or anything.
I generally say our wraps should last 5-7+ years and see very few returns if given something with good paint to work with.

Last edited:

rydods

Member for quite some time.
You can bet your a** Avery, 3M, Oracal, Arlon and others have covered their warrantee butts. It's up to you at that point to choose the correct material and make sure your installers and their work is up to par before it leaves the shop. I'm sure you could probably tell what issues are installer or material issues and I would fix those up to 3 years. Sun fading and cracking could be the sun only or could be chemicals. Not much you can do about that.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Any sort of work on vehicles gets our standard 5/50 warranty. 5 minutes or 50 mph, which ever occurs first.

Last edited: