• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many colors should there be in each damper?

Shamil

My 1324 will barely print anything at all. I removed the dampers and CMY have 2 colors in them, and K is solid black. K also prints the best. But I am using a lot of C&Y to print some custom Ukrainian flag designs.

Is that a problem with the dampers? If so, is that all I need to replace? Does the damper mix the colors? I dont think so, but my just as eneducated coworker have no idea.

Also just recently my printhead is hitting the wiper blade every time it passes. Is it suddenly in a higher position? It wont budge vertically, only slides horizontally. It's all over a year old. Dont do much printing, just the odd 5ft or so every week.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Umca

The printhead has 8 ink channels. And, you can see 8 ink pipes which comes to dampers. But only 4 dampers installed. So, every damper has two independent ink channels.
The printhead should not touch the wiper. Try to replace it. But use original one. Bacause some substitutes can have bigger size by vertical. And, normally the wiper position during the print is on back side of maintenace station. Not on front. So, maybe the station does not work properly.

Last edited: