• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how many would you print?

2 see signz

on a sp540v, roll 1300mm wide, need to print 200, 65mm stickers then laminate and put back through to contour cut.

thinking i should do around 50 at a time, a bit nervous to try do the whole lot at once.

what would you do?

2NinerNiner2

Oh for goodness sakes, do the whole lot (200) at one crack! :) Assuming that the 65mm is width, that will give you about 20 "up" for 10 rows! .... your 540 will barley get warmed up :)

If you are concerned about contour cutting, don't be! I have cut almost 1,000 at a shot at 1.75" x 0.25" after printing and laminating on my SP300 :)

CanuckSigns

do as many as you feel comfortable doing, my sp540 has pretty crappy print/cut registration, so i tend to limit my prints to 8 feet long.

ChicagoGraphics

Altough I don't have a Roland but I use a Mimaki JV3 and I have printed full rolls of 60" wide of decals and never had a problem, I'm talking 1000s of decals at once. So 200 would be a breeze.

J

john1

Do them all, 200 is a short run my man and it will go fine!

Hell, i'll do the entire 200 on my 30" right now no problem and i laminate with the big squeegee.

2 see signz

thanks guys...ill give it a go doing them....just concerned that if it moves slightly the the contour will be out and its a huge waste...but saying that if i dont try it ill never know what it can do..

Roto

on a sp540v, roll 1300mm wide, need to print 200, 65mm stickers then laminate and put back through to contour cut.

thinking i should do around 50 at a time, a bit nervous to try do the whole lot at once.

what would you do?

Do the whole lot at once... just make sure you turn off the heater before you cut.

Roto

2 see signz

thanks again guys... i notice if i use some white space or bleed between the cut and the ink, i can do heaps, but if it has to be on the print edge i have trouble, if its one colour, i put the contour line in the print so if it goes of a bit its still looks ok, but when theres a shadow print, theres heaps more work to contour it...lol