• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for labor on this basic wrap?

geckophoto

I need to bid labor on wrapping this truck all around with just white vinyl. Will want to hire someone to help me as I normally work alone and want to use 40”+ size media and need extra hands.

How much time would this normally take you think with two people and fair price? Just covering existing wrap and will add on vinyl lettering later.

Anybody want to help? Located in Ft Myers and looking for a helper.

Attachments

• 187068A5-1315-49B3-84A7-D2DD069F8A73.jpeg
    187068A5-1315-49B3-84A7-D2DD069F8A73.jpeg
    916.9 KB · Views: 382

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Time and materials.

What is your knowledge and your helpers? Have you done this type of work before? I’d guess not by your description of the project. If this is true it will take you longer than someone else that has. That being said YOU have to figure out how long this will take YOU to do and quote base on that.

Material cost x your markup = ??

Your hourly rate for 2 installers x your estimated hours for completion = ??

Added them up and there you go. You’ve now figured out what YOU should quote this at.

$5000 easy....

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
How much time do you think it will take you and another person to do plain white? Look at your shop time. How much per hour do you want to make for shop time?
You have to pay an hourly wage to someone to help you. You have to purchase the vinyl. (white vinyl seems cheap and easy enough to get) and you have to make money. You could price it out square footage wise or you could price it out hourly.
Why aren't you just taking the existing graphic off?

Reveal1

Send it over to me, bet I could remove the wrap and paint it for close to half that and it'll be right
I was thinking the same. We have several local painters that specialize in farm equipment, trailers etc.. Usually single stage paint that looks good from a few feet away but less than automotive quality finish. Often recommend paint of dominant base color with partial wrap or decals for trailers, food trucks etc. Many appreciative customers as a result.

MikePro

in theory, you can wrap anything.... in experience, some things just aren't worth the time&money to wind up with an inferior product.
painting it white would cost less, even half, most definitely.

a few knicks, or imperfect contouring, or the inevitable caulked trimline that the vinyl wants nothing to do with sticking-to, and that $5000 white-wrap feels "cheap" and is still only a temporary solution.

geckophoto

I seem to get the redo wraps and cheap clients but don’t work for peanuts. Did this one solo (pics below) but won’t do larger vinyl with just me and was wondering what a decent rate is for hiring a helper as I don’t work with anyone. I was thinking paying a helper with experience $20/hr. I may just walk away from this one as I know the hassles of dealing with this client. Not worth the holiday headache when he wants it done yesterday. It’s never cheap enough for him lol.

Unfortunately the lobsters truck never happened owner passed away just before opening. At least new owner of the truck has basically a blank canvas if he removes the vinyl lettering carefully.

Attachments

• 4E0B68BB-7468-498C-8F21-EF1D3C721C6C.jpeg
    4E0B68BB-7468-498C-8F21-EF1D3C721C6C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
  • EF7ED90B-E6A3-42D5-87AF-9E09D497AA8F.jpeg
    EF7ED90B-E6A3-42D5-87AF-9E09D497AA8F.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 224
  • C2560E97-4E42-4B66-A22B-CAECD58A3020.jpeg
    C2560E97-4E42-4B66-A22B-CAECD58A3020.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 243