• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how much should i charge

Biker Scout

As for your metal sign question... $20 - $25 each is pretty low.

Put a stopwatch to that sign project. From the moment the work order lands on your designer's desk to loading the plotter, and then cutting, then weeding. Transfer tape, the applying. Are your blanks already cut to size? What about rounded corners? Holes? Those operations take time unless you get them from your vendor that way.

Time it, I'm serious. Then take that time, round up to the nearest hour... times that by what your shop rate should be... that's the minimum you should charge. Otherwise the shop loses money.

TheSnowman

Mosh works for free...we've established that by his brilliant posts over the past 48 hours. A true business genius. Selling signs for what he has in supplies. DO NOT charge $20 - $25. I get that out of a Cor-X sign all day long.