• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How NOT to letter a boat

mountainmang

i'll get slammed here but if the customer really liked it and paid for it, who cares :help i'm pretty sure we all have done silly looking things for insistent customers over the years who paid top dollar for it.

sardocs

Colin, I think that is what contributes to the upward spiral of the value of the lettering and design talents that you possess.

SignosaurusRex

I feel that it is this line of thinking that contributes to the continuing downward spiral in sign/design quality.

Colin, I think you missed the intended point of the post which I perceive to be this...
...... i'm pretty sure we all have done silly looking things for insistent customers over the years who paid top dollar for it.

Yes, and that TOP DOLLAR folded, spindled, mutilated, burnt, and spent just as well, if not better than any other money. I know that I certainly did much worse (and uglier) for a lot less money I'm sure, when I started out.
We all started somewhere.

ionsigns

...guy had a fairy expensive boat but he was to cheap to pay the 50 bucks, the next time I seen his boat...

I have never seen a fairly expensive boat or a guy too cheap to pay $50 to have the registration numbers hand lettered on it.

SignosaurusRex

I guess the part that stood out to me was the: "Who cares?"

*shrug*

...as I thought.:wink:

I don't believe that it's the "Who Cares" attitude that contributes to the downward spiral in sign/design quality, but rather the serious lack of education/understanding possessed. Yes, there are some that don't give a crap about what they produce but they don't last too long and serve only to elevate those of us that do.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
OMG. i need a few drinks just to read that. thank god its on a sailboat and not a Nice Egg Harbor...

Colin

Wierd. This thread sat idle for 2 months. I just got in from lettering a boat, and for no apparent reason, whilst driving down the highway, this thread (and that hideous boat lettering job) entered my mind, and it entered my mind at about the moment signpost-boston made his post.