• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to attach velcro on banners?

klemgraphics

I have a customer using a banner for a inflatable bounce house and needed velcro attached to the bottom and top of the banner. To make a long story short I used tape hems and self adhesive velcro and they said the adhesive failed on the velcro and pulled off in one corner when removing. Well when she brought in the banner I could hardly pull the velcro off off the banner at all.

My ? is how do I make sure this thing does not come back? Just put grommets every 2ft(has none right now per request), or can I run a stitch down through the center of the velcro? Keep in mind I don't have an upholstery shop close and all I have at my disposal is a small sewing machine.

petesign

Try a shoe repair shop. They have large sewing machines built to sew leather, the banner will be a breeze :)

dlndesign

To save you some $, just get a small grommets and put a few in to keep it on, you can get some really small ones at your local craft store. The best way is to sew it in there for a long life.

jiarby

we sew ours... in fact, just a couple days ago we had a local competitor ask us to sew velcro onto a small banner for his bouncy house customer!

gabagoo

I just buy velcro with the adhesive back. Fast and easy and never a failure. You can also get it with higher strength adhesives as well.

Pat Whatley

Stitching is gonna be your best bet. Send it to Fellers if you don't have anyone local.

Or.....go to Wal-Mart and buy the industrial strength velcro they sell for attaching things to brick walls (in the craft section with the rest of the velcro). They'll tear the banner before they tear the velcro off, it's got some damn fine adhesive on it.

klemgraphics

Guess I'll try to find someone around here to stitch it, that was my initial thought anyway. I would try the stuff from walmart but I'm sure it would be back in a week torn...and they would blame it on the adhesive of the velcro.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate all the solutions.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Stitching is gonna be your best bet. Send it to Fellers if you don't have anyone local.

Or.....go to Wal-Mart and buy the industrial strength velcro they sell for attaching things to brick walls (in the craft section with the rest of the velcro). They'll tear the banner before they tear the velcro off, it's got some damn fine adhesive on it.

+1 on wally-world.

That's what we use