• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to avoid rippling on RMO media (Canon Arizona 1360)

JdBattDesignRCI

Canon Arizona 1360 operator here. I am struggling with long banner prints on 54" reinforced banner vinyl, 13 oz weight. No matter how tight I pull the edges of the roll when loading it, the material starts to ripple in the middle when a banner is more than halfway done, sometimes nearly finished. Even if it starts out tight and flat. It's ruining otherwise perfect prints when the head wipes across a bulge that inevitably forms.

Are my lamp settings wrong? The only settings available are 70, 85 and 100. The roll tension is set on medium and I haven't changed it. Step correction is 50 and that never seems to need changing.

Also how high can the head safely go for .014" thick material?

It's been largely trial and error with this machine and it drives me absolutely bonkers when an 8 foot long print gets down to the last foot or so of a banner and the head takes a dump on it. This thing is gonna give me a heart condition.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have been turning off the heat all the way on our (eco-solvent) machines recently when printing banner. Using the high heads setting helps also.

JdBattDesignRCI

I found the secret to wide banners on the RMO. Turn the tension up to high and use the lowest heat lamp setting. Haven't had any rippling problems since.

ToTo

Professional Support
Check if bowing compensation of print platen is activated. Also remove the metal arm on the left side of dancer that prevents dancer roller from rotating. Also fix the banner only in the center and cut sides in an angle from the middle.
If that doesn’t help check the gap on several positions between carriage bottom plate and printplaten using a feeler gauge.