• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to calibrate summa d140 head

jim_papa

Hello everyone,

I had a problem with opos, not reading the marks correctly and then cut the opos wrong.

I tried to take off the head but the screws where damaged so I had to take of the back plate of the head, that thing that moves right and left. But now I can not horizontalize the head 3mm from the cut strip.

I hope you understand me, and hoping that someone knows what to do with my problem

FrankW

For adjusting the OPOS, you do not need to take off the head. There is an OPOS-Calibration function in the menu, and a media calibration for adjusting the contrast sensitivity of the sensor too.

To horizontal the head, you need to loose the 3 screws which holds the head on the back plate. For my opinion, there is no other way.

jim_papa

For adjusting the OPOS, you do not need to take off the head. There is an OPOS-Calibration function in the menu, and a media calibration for adjusting the contrast sensitivity of the sensor too.

To horizontal the head, you need to loose the 3 screws which holds the head on the back plate. For my opinion, there is no other way.
Yes my friend, I agree with that.
Because I tried to horizontal the head and the screws were damaged I to take of the back plate of the head. Now I can't get perfect horizontal for the head

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi ! I had the same problem. I have a D140SE. In fact, I bought the new OPOS reader, but before changing it, I began to move the 2 screws on the front, one to the right, the other to the left, half a turn, a full turn, etc. It is somewhat laborious, but in the end the result was quite satisfactory. All this coupled with the calibration of the OPOS directly on the machine, or through the software. Good luck !! ;)

FrankW

Regularly it is easy to mount the head on the machine: loosen the screws with which it is fixed a little bit, so that you can move it. Set something you know it have a 90° Angle on the platen and align it with the vertical border of the metal frame (for example a metal angle or a rectangle plastic piece).

There is a gauge from Summa to fix the correct height. If you don´t have one, you can use a 3,5"-Floppy: the thickness of a 3,5" Floppy disc is around the recommended distance between the lower end of the knife holder and the cutting strip. During my first technical training at Summa (in 1998), they told us to adjust heads like this (by the way: SummaPaint Printheads 2 two discs between platen and nozzle platen :) :) ).