• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to change Coreldraw default font spacing?

LUV DEM TIGERS

I don't understand why is has started in the last couple of months but now my default spacing for fonts is 20%. How do I change it to 0%? It is happening in both X7 and 2017. I know how to change it each time but I don't want it to default to 20. It is beginning to tick me off.

LUV DEM TIGERS

I am a little old school still on 15, but this should work. Make the change in a file to the 0% spacing, then go to "Tools" then "Save Settings as Default".

I did that but just as soon as I click on the icon to do text it changes right back to 20%. I have googled and I am not the only one with the problem.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
On a blank doc select the text tool, open the Text Properties Docker (Ctrl+t) , set your spacing to 0% and hit enter. You should get a popup asking if you want that to be set as default. Ensure all are checked then hit ok. Then go to Object/Save Setting as Default.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Oh that's almost as annoying as all of my dimensional callout text always being set to .167"!
I've tried all I can to make it 12" or 6" when opening a new document, but to no avail. I hope this works in the save settings as default, as I know a ton of other features are tied to the default workspace.

Are you talking about this?
upload_2020-8-6_8-51-29.png

With nothing selected grab the Dimension Tool go to the Object Properties Docker and set your properties here. A pop-up should appear asking if you want that as default, leave dimension checked and hit ok. Now go Object\Save settings as default