• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to change voltage on gerber edge power supply

Will308decals

hi, I have 2 gerber edge 2 printers, one with a bad print head that powers up perfectly, and one that has a good print head but just recently quit turning on. With the help of everyone on this site I believe it is the power supply that has gone bad in the good print head printer. The printer with the bad print head has an OHMS # of 1334 and the printer with the good print head has a # of 1448. Which means that the 1334 printer has a voltage in the power supply of 19.4 volts and the 1448 printer has a voltage of 20.2 volts correct? Can I switch the voltage from 19.4 to 20.2 volts and switch over the power supply to the printer with the good print head? And if so how do I change the voltage? Thanks

Hielorojo

hi, I have 2 gerber edge 2 printers, one with a bad print head that powers up perfectly, and one that has a good print head but just recently quit turning on. With the help of everyone on this site I believe it is the power supply that has gone bad in the good print head printer. The printer with the bad print head has an OHMS # of 1334 and the printer with the good print head has a # of 1448. Which means that the 1334 printer has a voltage in the power supply of 19.4 volts and the 1448 printer has a voltage of 20.2 volts correct? Can I switch the voltage from 19.4 to 20.2 volts and switch over the power supply to the printer with the good print head? And if so how do I change the voltage? Thanks
Hello there, you have to "turn" the potenciometer of the Power Supply. You will need a multimeter to check the Output Voltage from the Power Supply and the same time turn the potenciometer, very easy.
I think that a member "upload" the scheme from the Power Supply, where show the potenciometer and the output where you have to take the measure.

teddc671

Hello there, you have to "turn" the potenciometer of the Power Supply. You will need a multimeter to check the Output Voltage from the Power Supply and the same time turn the potenciometer, very easy.
I think that a member "upload" the scheme from the Power Supply, where show the potenciometer and the output where you have to take the measure.
I have the same issue. Can someone upload the procedure again? Thank you in advance!