• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question how to check ink compatibility?

Boyanski

Hi,
Roland XC 540 printer, DX4 heads. Eco solvent ink / max/. Will be changing ink brand and just received new inks / better price/. I am running compatible ones. No problems. Don't want to drain ink system, now its not the moment to throw $$$ in the bin.
So i am wondering how exactly to check compatibility?

Using a syringe took 1cubic cm from each and mixed it in a clean mug. Smell the same, checked that. Mix well, no visible separation

Any further tips? How long to wait? what else to look for?

Will do that color by color also, just to be sure.

Thanks!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Depends on what kind of compatible ink. There are hundred of compatible ink out there. If you choose the right one with known name, most likely you won't go wrong. But if you decided to go to China and buy the least expensive ink you can find without a label or known name. Good luck.

Change Magenta ink. Remove both Magenta ink cartridges, use a syringe to pull the ink until you see air. Use cleaning solution to flush the lines. Now pull when you see air. Now put the new compatible ink. Pull until you see the ink. Make sure cap top, dampers and wiper are in good condition. Normal clean. You are good to go.

We have been doing this for 10 years. Jetbest ink is one of the world known ink brand ink the world made in Taiwan. https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...of-jetbest-bulk-ink-system-for-roland-printer