• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to connect a roland Xc-540 with cat5 crossover cables (I don't have internet) thanks!

HCC

I don't have Internet and I try to install versaworks 2.2 over crossover cable direct computer to printer. I really appreciate anyone's help.
(Computer has windows 7)

Tizz

You can connect your pc directly to your roland using just a LAN cable. I have been printing for the last month connected directly to my SP540. You just need to set your IP and permissions on your pc and allow this through your firewall.

HCC

Hi tizz, appreciate your help
could you guide me to setup I test ping from the computer to printer ip and come 0 lost the communication is working

HCC

You can connect your pc directly to your roland using just a LAN cable. I have been printing for the last month connected directly to my SP540. You just need to set your IP and permissions on your pc and allow this through your firewall.
I SET THE IP IN MY COMPUTER FINAL .125 AND IN THE PRINTER .126
SUB COMPUTER 255.255.0.0 SUB ON PRINTER 255.255.0.126
GATEWAY IN BOTH 0.0.0.0
I HAVE 3 JOBS TO FINISH IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I APPRECIATE.
THANKS!

Last edited:

particleman

Assuming you have a cross over you need to create your own lan. In the olden days this was something we all had to do, now we have routers and DHCP.

You'll need to assign the IP at both the printer and the computer. The IP has to be on the same subnet and range.

This video explains the process, instead of two computers you'll setup a static IP on the printer (2nd computer)

HCC

Subnet for both should match. 255.255.255.0 should be fine for direct connection.
Thank you
Assuming you have a cross over you need to create your own lan. In the olden days this was something we all had to do, now we have routers and DHCP.

You'll need to assign the IP at both the printer and the computer. The IP has to be on the same subnet and range.

This video explains the process, instead of two computers you'll setup a static IP on the printer (2nd computer)

Thank's.

HCC

I got the print connected and received this error the versaworks stop
my computer running windows 7 premium

Attachments

• IMG_20180613_121805.jpg
    IMG_20180613_121805.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 462