• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To Contour Cut From Falcon

Bogie

Not yet... Gotta get some stuff outta da door, go apply for a concealed carry permit (seems I've acquired an internet stalker...), and I'll be trying to reset everything to vanilla and go from there this evening. I'm going to reinstall the software on a laptop, and see how that goes...

Cy Fan

what rip software are you using?

For me I use Flexi/Production Manager. I set the contour around the image then in the printing set up under the advanced tab I click on the contour button and select the cutter you will be sending it to, make sure that the media width is the same in this window as it is in the print setup, decied how you want the registration marks to print and send as seperate jobs to the production manager.

After it is done printing load it in the cutter and on the cutters menu display select mark position, and use the arrows to line up the blade with each of the regestration marks.

Then on the production manager click send on the job and it should ask about the alignment, again line up the blade on each of the registration marks and you should be good to go.

I don't know if that makes sense or if you can follow that, but that's how I do it with my Falcon.

Bogie

I'm running PhotoPrint DX 5.0, which is also a Scanvec product... Kinda like Flexi rides the short bus...

I have all the settings the same - I print, then send the SAME job to cutter... Argh...

Bogie

Dead-center inside the first one. It'll usually find it. If it finds it, it goes hunting for the second. Finds it sometimes. Then it goes looking for #3...

Have not had it find 'em all and start cutting yet...

VinylCraft

Once in that place are you setting it there i know on mine i have to hit the origin button. How old is the machine? I wonder if a dirty lence could cause that or poor or over powering shop lights throwing the scan off maybe. I jumped right into mine not knowing anything and worked the first time knock on wood but never had a prob.

ahollow

Bogie,

Check the version of your firmware. I had the same problems with contour cuts on my FC7000.

Once I upgraded the firmware, it finds the marks every time.

Cy Fan

I align the head with the marks manually, and don't use the automatic sights as that has never worked on my machine. I First align the marks using the cutters arrows/settings after I have set all four I again aling the marks using the production manager. this way both the cutter and the computer know where the marks are and can work together.

There are times when this doesn't work the best, so I set the orgin of the cutter dead center on the first mark and work form there.