• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to create richer colours in Flexi and how to ake it applicable to all prints

gabagoo

I am asking this question on behalf of my screenprinter who purchased a Mimaki jv100. He wanted the same printer as mine (jv150-130) but they have been discontinued or so they told him. So now he has this printer that Flexi only has 1 profile for. The machine has 2 heads and prints fast and great quality...but the profile makes all the colours , especially reds very washed out. Just curious if when printing if you set the colour saturation higher...is there a way that you can make the setting permanent so that each time you send a print job it is always using those parameters? I know it frustrates him to no end and he is so busy with the screen printing end of the business that it is really hard for him to get help with the printer, especially since it is so new and few people have them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There should be a button in the bottom right corner of the job setup window called, "Set as default". If you click that, it saves whatever settings you currently have selected and applies them to any file coming in. You can also create a preset in the same window. It's at the top left and looks like a save icon.

gabagoo

There should be a button in the bottom right corner of the job setup window called, "Set as default". If you click that, it saves whatever settings you currently have selected and applies them to any file coming in. You can also create a preset in the same window. It's at the top left and looks like a save icon.
Thank you will try it for him...

Graphics2u

I am asking this question on behalf of my screenprinter who purchased a Mimaki jv100. He wanted the same printer as mine (jv150-130) but they have been discontinued or so they told him. So now he has this printer that Flexi only has 1 profile for. The machine has 2 heads and prints fast and great quality...but the profile makes all the colours , especially reds very washed out. Just curious if when printing if you set the colour saturation higher...is there a way that you can make the setting permanent so that each time you send a print job it is always using those parameters? I know it frustrates him to no end and he is so busy with the screen printing end of the business that it is really hard for him to get help with the printer, especially since it is so new and few people have them.
What Flexi version is he running?

signheremd

Reds are notoriously hard to print (as are grays). That said, I see this model has various possible ink combinations - so if he is just using CMYK or CMYKLcLmLk his range of colors, especially Reds, will be limited. We run a Roland with CMYKLcLmLk inks and ran samples to find some vibrant reds. Now we have a color custom color palette where we store all our best Flexi CMYK color mixes. FWIW

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You might also have him look into using Pantone colors and then using the Color Mapping tool in Flexi. You basically choose a Pantone, send it to Flexi, and it prints out a range of colors around that Pantone. Then you just choose which one looks the best to you and Flexi will print that color for that Pantone from then on. So if you print a red Pantone, it will print some slightly oranger looking ones and some more burgundy looking ones etc and you choose the one that fits your color the best.

Patentagosse

One thing I just don't understand... everytimes I read things like this I tell myself: "did they get their printer from Amazon w/o any installation, calibration, fine tuning, training or what??? When I spend 25k on a printer, I get it delivered, assembled, fine tuned, tested with MY files in order to get the colors spectrum I got from his predecessor and get training for maintenance as it's new technology, new printheads/capping stations' setup... People not getting right outputs, washed colors or other issues with NEW printer let me think they bought it from liquidation warehouse and brought it home w/o instructions manual... Damn, what are the sellers' doing after they get your money? Looks like you're on your own... when you shouldn't...

gabagoo

One thing I just don't understand... everytimes I read things like this I tell myself: "did they get their printer from Amazon w/o any installation, calibration, fine tuning, training or what??? When I spend 25k on a printer, I get it delivered, assembled, fine tuned, tested with MY files in order to get the colors spectrum I got from his predecessor and get training for maintenance as it's new technology, new printheads/capping stations' setup... People not getting right outputs, washed colors or other issues with NEW printer let me think they bought it from liquidation warehouse and brought it home w/o instructions manual... Damn, what are the sellers' doing after they get your money? Looks like you're on your own... when you shouldn't...
WEll this is my screen printer who is very limited in his knowledge of computers in general. I gave him my old jv3 when I got my new Mimaki and after a while he dicided to buy a new one like mine, but it was discontiued. I don't know why he did not consult with me before getting that machine as I would have said no the moment I saw the ink system ( a disaster). So now he is stuck with it and only 1 profile available. I suppose he could bring a profiler in and have that guy design a good profile for him. Not sure how long it takes before more profiles become available

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

When we install printers we build it, ink it up, do all of the head alignments as close to perfection as possible, install the software, install boxed profiles, and then train the customer on maintenance and operation. We have them print out their own files to make sure they are happy with the result. That's with a $0 install fee. If the customer wants custom profiles, we refer them to someone who charges extra for that service. Then we hear stories of other dealers dropping the printer off and saying, good luck! I'm not sure how they get away with it to be honest. That being said, on roll to roll printers, there's almost no money in it for the dealer.