• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to determine the right heat setting on Latex 560?

Lindquist

My operators and I are still relatively new to working with our HP Latex 560. We have not really worked with custom profiles, and now I am running into a problem that I do not know how to solve. I had some training scheduled, but it was all postponed due to COVID-19, and now I'm in a bind.

I had to order some different vinyl because I needed a special size - 64" wide roll. The only brand/type of vinyl that Grimco could sell me at this size is Orajet 3612.

Normally, I print on an intermediate Briteline vinyl using the generic vinyl settings with only a couple of tweaks. Those settings are deforming the Orajet.

So, I went looking for a media profile from the manufacturer, but I ran into the same problem that I run into almost all the time when I try this - all of the profiles are for an HP Latex 360 - not a 560. I've tried to use those profiles anyway, but they don't upload to the machine properly.

Then, we tried to make a custom profile. It got the first job done a few weeks ago after a lot of hassle (and many reprints), but now I need it again and it's deforming the vinyl.

How do I figure out what the correct media settings (especially heat) are for a material? I've followed HP's official step-by-step written guide several times, but it doesn't go into detail about how to know when you have it right.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Do you mean 3621? I've never heard of 3612. I've printed a full roll of 3621 without issue on my 570. Just had to make a custom profile. It's a monomeric film so it does not like heat. I can help you if you'd like.

FrankW

Regularly, the Settings of the generic profiles are a good way to start.

On the other side, there is the HP Media Solutions Locator were you can find the settings of the media profiles for the 360, and you can start using that settings to build your profiles.

And then, with that settings, try and error.