• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to disable varnishing on HP 700 W?

Fooroogelm

How to disable varnishing on HP 700 W?

I apologize for the stupid question - but I have not been able to solve it for almost a day. Couldn't find information anywhere.

It is necessary to turn off the UV varnishing mode - since the client wants to receive a sign with subsequent lamination.

Where and how to do it?

Thank you in advance.

There are two different ways of turning off the anti-scratch Overcoat:

1) In the Media Preset Print Mode at the front panel of the printer (under Advanced Settings - this is a global setting that affects all jobs using this print mode) set Overcoat to 0
2) In the RIP (enable the checkbox called Optimize for lamination (this control affects this specific job only) - see attached screen grab in SAI, and Onyx has the same functionality

For the record, Overcoat is not a varnish, it provides improved resistance to scratching and abrasion of the ink.

Attachments

• Opt4Lam.JPG
    Opt4Lam.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

Fooroogelm

Thank you very much for your response!

1. The problem is I can't see the Advanced Settings - where should they be? I've looked everywhere.
2. I have Onyx. I checked everything there - I can't find the "Optimize for lamination" checkbox or something like that
1630122343660.png

Fooroogelm

I have Onyx. I checked everything there - I can't find the "Optimize for lamination" checkbox or something like that

1630123984235.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
All things that the installer should have showed you...
I recommend to make a duplicate of the profile you use most and name it "Your substrate - Lamination". Then go through every print mode and set Overcoat to "0". Just the easiest way in my opinion and you never forget to turn it off when you select to use that.
Go edit the material you use, hit the pen, scroll down to advanced settings, set overcoat to 0. Then go back one step and continue, continue, finish to save it.

1630131900511.png

1630132165031.png

To change it for only one job in Onyx:
Right click your job in the queye -> Edit -> Printer settings -> "Optimizer for lamination".

Fooroogelm

Thanks a lot for your help.
I also had such thoughts - that I need to create such profiles.
One thing is not clear to me - in general, the 700th device is made "for people" - and some improvements are even pleasantly surprising ... But, damn it, a simple one-button "enable - disable" overcoat is the most necessary thing.
And "by default" IMHO this feature should be disabled.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well you do the profile you only have to do it once. Not really that complicated, takes just a few minutes.
By default it sure should be enabled as most of the work is done with overcoat. Could there be a ready made profile for lamination, maybe.

See attached for the location of the Optimize for Lamination checkbox in Onyx - it is located in Job Editor, and not Media Manager.

Attachments

• Opt4Lam.jpg
    Opt4Lam.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 334

ozpall

All things that the installer should have showed you...
I recommend to make a duplicate of the profile you use most and name it "Your substrate - Lamination". Then go through every print mode and set Overcoat to "0". Just the easiest way in my opinion and you never forget to turn it off when you select to use that.
Go edit the material you use, hit the pen, scroll down to advanced settings, set overcoat to 0. Then go back one step and continue, continue, finish to save it.

View attachment 155148
View attachment 155149

To change it for only one job in Onyx:
Right click your job in the queye -> Edit -> Printer settings -> "Optimizer for lamination".

even before i got my new 700w i read about it here, but now that i have it and i need it i couldn't find it either.
the installer in my case was very helpfull and in 1 day he tried to show me everything he could but there is always something you miss. in his defence he gave me his cell in case i had questions.