• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get rid of dust on my prints ???

BigNate

I'll say that cutting fabric does make dust, could be depending on the proximity between the two.

I've never heard anybody put tinsel up?? I thought it was a joke initially. I could only see tinsel causing issues as it grabs and lets go of dust. Or did I just miss the next big innovation out of the dollar store?
Tinsel can be very useful in eliminating static, and as such dust... the tinsel he is using does not look like the printer's anti-static tinsel we use. A lot of bindery equipment comes with tinsel, usually a copper tinsel. Folding machines (and a lot of printing presses) can be looked at as a modified Van de Graaff generator - and the static is unwanted. Many an unfortunate folder monkey has stuck his hand into a stack of freshly folded papers to a popcorn sound - the static arcing from his hand to ground as he grabs the highly charged sheets. (a few pieces of tinsel that kiss the folded sheets will eliminate the problem.)

ChicagoGraphics

I'll say that cutting fabric does make dust, could be depending on the proximity between the two.

I've never heard anybody put tinsel up?? I thought it was a joke initially. I could only see tinsel causing issues as it grabs and lets go of dust. Or did I just miss the next big innovation out of the dollar store?
Tinsel is normaly used to get rid of static, I use to use it when we did screen printing on a press