• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to get this effect?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Maybe it was built out as after thought so that the could run the electrical. so you wouldn't see the cords. Here is what they look like with the cord showing. Not nearly as cool.

Highly doubtful, especially with a drop ceiling, you can pull the electrical through the wall up to the drop ceiling and tie the electrical together... plus, you don't need 3" to run electrical through the wall - but you would for a slim cabinet...

If the OP is building this for this particular franchise, they would call out that particular system... I have worked on franchise signage standards, I tend to stay away from stock cabinet system where the LED's are provided, first thing is, they are usually not to keen on modification - especially when needing to add more LED's... many use inferior electrical components. Looking at other locations of this particular franchise, most are using different systems or fabricating their own so I'm sure it's up to the shop to provide their own type of illumination method. Some, like this particular franchise is flat against the wall, other franchise stores are stood off the wall, others are using cable/clamps to hold the graphics in place.

If it were me, I would stay away from a stock system unless they are easily modified - in case they require more LED's or for servicing...

Last edited:

AKwrapguy

Highly doubtful, especially with a drop ceiling, you can pull the electrical through the wall up to the drop ceiling and tie the electrical together... plus, you don't need 3" to run electrical through the wall - but you would for a slim cabinet...

If the OP is building this for this particular franchise, they would call out that particular system... I have worked on franchise signage standards, I tend to stay away from stock cabinet system where the LED's are provided, first thing is, they are usually not to keen on modification - especially when needing to add more LED's... many use inferior electrical components. Looking at other locations of this particular franchise, most are using different systems or fabricating their own so I'm sure it's up to the shop to provide their own type of illumination method. Some, like this particular franchise is flat against the wall, other franchise stores are stood off the wall, others are using cable/clamps to hold the graphics in place.

If it were me, I would stay away from a stock system unless they are easily modified - in case they require more LED's or for servicing...

I've never set up a LED system so my knowledge on anything is pretty limited. They looked like POS and on premise pieces Red Bull sent us to use when I worked for a beverage distributor. Pretty basic but they seemed pretty to work pretty well.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
We were out today and had lunch near a new franchise - not even open yet... had to stop by and look, low and behold, they had a wall... definitely a built-out wall, inset LED cabinet that stretched the width of the graphic area, with the panel/puck system attached to the walls... I would have baffled the edges and seams where the panels butt up to each other.. otherwise, pretty impressive wall display... sorry, a lot of glare going on...

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg