• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to i fit text into an irregular object?

0igo

A customer asked me to fit the text into the lower banner of the sign and i completely forgot how to do it. i cant get it to go with the object inside of the shape. i use both flexisign and xara to design my work but if someone can teach me on whatever program they use i would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• BAERR.jpg
    BAERR.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 303

unclebun

I don't know if those softwares have an automatic function for it, but usually I use a warp tool to shape a word to fit in a shape.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'd use the perspective warp tool if I were working in photoshop. And now that I'm looking at the example from the OP - a simple warp would work better than fitting the text to a path.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Several of different ways in Corel .
1. Envelope Tool
2. Create Boundary, delete line segments leaving just the bottom line, Select text, go Text/Fit Text to Path and click on the line
3. Create Boundary, delete line segments leaving just the bottom line, select Text Tool and hover around that line until you see it snap to the line shape then start typing.

Patrice Brunelle

A customer asked me to fit the text into the lower banner of the sign and i completely forgot how to do it. i cant get it to go with the object inside of the shape. i use both flexisign and xara to design my work but if someone can teach me on whatever program they use i would greatly appreciate it.
Hello! Do you want the text to fill the space, starting large and narrowing down along with the shape, or do you just want the text to follow the bottom line? For the latter, it's easy to do with Flexi, (see attached JPG). Don't forget to play with the options in the design central. For the former, the warp tool in Photoshop is easy to use and would probably do the trick.

Attachments

• Text on vector.jpg
    Text on vector.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 201