• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to increase the adhesiveness of vinyl for installation on concrete?

Fooroogelm

The client asked to make a removable wallpaper. I printed on regular "removable" vinyl.
But it turned out that half of the walls where I need to apply vinyl is concrete. Sufficiently smooth, but nonetheless. I am afraid that regular vinyl will not adhere well to such a surface.

Perhaps something can be done? Instead of water during installation, I can use another liquid, perhaps?

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• 1636513670956.png
    1636513670956.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 226

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You could try a high tack vinyl such as General Formulations GF201-HTAP.
I wouldn't be applying anything to concrete using a wet method though.
I don't think you're going to find a 'removable' product that is also going to stick decently to concrete.
You may be better off doing a banner and installing some hooks.

Fooroogelm

Thank you very much for your response! Oh, and how I want to believe in a miracle :)

Here - there are special adhesives for vinyl wallpaper - this is the same vinyl film. Moreover, it is used both for those with a glue-coated vinyl wallpaper, and for those without. Heavy duty! The glue is water-based (that is, can you say "temporary" about it?)

Should I try or not suffer? :)

1636522425123.png

Superior_Adam

You are asking for trouble trying to add something to make the vinyl more aggressive. This just needs to get reprinted on the proper material. Site evaluations are always important to know exactly what you are working with.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I made some floor graphics going on concrete in April of 2020 and used them on sealed concrete floors and unsealed sidewalk type concrete outdoors, the indoors on sealed is still alive and well aside from the ones that have been removed by the company staff. The outdoor one lasted about 8 months running from late Colorado winter to Summer. This material is a permanent adhesive, but it can still be removed - I would worry about paint peeling when you remove it.

Avery 2611 might be a good option, but it would take some tending in the weeks after install to deal with any lifting that might occur.

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
Signs365 has floor graphics that stick really well that I have used indoors on smooth concrete floors that held up really well for me, applied dry.
They also have some more aggressive adhesive on another Boot Prints vinyl but I have not tried it yet.

Thank you very much for your response! Oh, and how I want to believe in a miracle :)

Here - there are special adhesives for vinyl wallpaper - this is the same vinyl film. Moreover, it is used both for those with a glue-coated vinyl wallpaper, and for those without. Heavy duty! The glue is water-based (that is, can you say "temporary" about it?)

Should I try or not suffer?

I wouldn't mix the two, I think the adhesives would be different and you would be gambling. There are digital vinyls specifically for concrete applications, think ball park or stadium graphics.