• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make screen printed transfers?

Johanswe

*How do you do it? I can't find anyone on youtube that shows the whole process. I have both plastisol and water-based ink.

*And how is the feeling from a screen printed transfer vs screen printed directly on the t-shirt?:D

garyroy

This website may be of more help,

d fleming

You need transfer paper and use a vacuum table. Print in reverse. Registration is of course critical for multi color as you will be printing, removing, then curing in between prints.
Can be done with spray tac on hard surface, like a t-shirt platen on a press but a pita.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Before you start making your own transfers you should order some so you know what they are all about and compare the feel to actual screen print. There's lots of places that offer free or shipping only transfer sample packs.

My friend does screen printing and she often prints a few extra per design as a transfer vs. setting the press back up. No idea how she does it, I think she figured it out on her own.

somcalmetim

As far as I understood the process...
1 you screen the design backwards and in the right order onto transfer paper
2 then pass the still wet print through a box of special transfer dust so that the dust sticks to the still wet print and let dry.
3 knock the excess dust off and Voila! A transfer you can store and heat press later...
Note: I don't really know what I am talking about from experience...we have done some screen printing but we only looked into doing transfers and ended up getting a small dtg printer instead.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
As far as I understood the process...
1 you screen the design backwards and in the right order onto transfer paper
2 then pass the still wet print through a box of special transfer dust so that the dust sticks to the still wet print and let dry.
3 knock the excess dust off and Voila! A transfer you can store and heat press later...
Note: I don't really know what I am talking about from experience...we have done some screen printing but we only looked into doing transfers and ended up getting a small dtg printer instead.
Close. You also send it through the dryer to partially cure the plastisol. That's the tricky part, getting it dialed in exactly right.