• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How to price this job

ad41061

Hi Guys, I alway have a problem in knowing what to charge customers, I have a building that will require One Way Vision Perforated Film on 3 windows on the 2nd level, each window is 2meters x 1.2 meter I am going to charge $213 for the vinyl, and $130 for fitting, I need to rent a lift for $200 to do the job, Is this a good average price?

rjssigns

I'd be near double that for the perf. You have 80 square feet, plus yield and ink, babysitting the printer etc...

Then you need to trim out, roll up, label and box for the trip. Install at $75 per window. Windows need to be cleaned then cleaned again. Pulling interior seals for a perfect no trim job? Travel?

If it's not within 15 minutes add an hour for travel. Tack on another $100 for the lift just in case. Is the rental company delivering and picking up on site? If not figure the time spent trailering equipment to and from.

Andy D

You mean $213 per window right? I would be closer to $280 per window.
You need to sit down and figure out what your hourly shop time needs to be & figure out how long it will take you to pick up the lift, do the install, and return the lift.
Add 1.5X the cost of renting the lift.