• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to repair damaged file in Illustrator?

sears632

Hello, after saving a flash drive Illustrator file, writes that the file is corrupted. Unfortunately the backup did not, immediately saved on the flash drive. Who the thread knows as quickly as possible to recover their work? Is it even possible after something like this?

bobbiffxx

Hello, after saving a flash drive Illustrator file, writes that the file is corrupted. Unfortunately the backup did not, immediately saved on the flash drive. Who the thread knows as quickly as possible to recover their work? Is it even possible after something like this?
Does the file have the extension, .AI ? If not that could be your problem. Try importing it instead of opening it. Try a different program like Corel Draw to import it into.

AKwrapguy

I have found that saving to a flash drive often creates issues. Your better off saving to a local hard drive than copying the file to the flash drive. If it's corrupted than I don't think there is much you can do for the average person.

shoresigns

You'll have better luck if you post the file for us to look at, if you don't know how to fix it yourself. There isn't one magic method for fixing corrupt files.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You could also try changing the ai extension to pdf and see if anything will open it up including reader.

wayne k
guam usa

burgmurk

I once had a corrupt indesign file and ended up sending it to Adobe, and they fixed it! Worth a try, right?