• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to view actual pixels / inches in flexi?

CalamityJay

• So this is the low down on viewing conditions at actual size in Adobe software.

Is there anway to do this in Flexi?? I have looked and found nothing.

Screen resolution:
    • If you want to get exact about displaying print size:

Open a new 500 pixel x 500 pixel file in Photoshop, and set it to 100% (view actual pixels) if it does not come up that way.

Get out a ruler and measure the image on screen in inches.

Divide 500 by the measurement.

This is the resolution of your screen.
      Determining that factor is essential if you want Photoshop's "Print Size" to give you a WYSIWYG representation on your screen.
      Enter that figure in Photoshop > Preferences > Units and Rulers > New Document Preset Resolution: > Screen Resolution.

Pasted from <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/691215>

Measured:
    5.57"
    Screen Resolution:

View at 124% for actual size (illy)
    for me...

screen resolution/72 X 100 = actual size in illy.

:wavingflag:

FrankW

In the Design Central, when clicking on an image on the workspace, you can see the size of the picture in the "Size"-Tab and the resolution and dpi in the "Bitmaps"-Tab (see enclosed pictures).

Attachments

• picture1.png
    picture1.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 238
  • picture2.png
    picture2.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 197

CalamityJay

that's not as intuitive as adobe at all

so i have to convert my vector file to a raster in order to view is at actual size?

Do i need to go to the 1:1 Corel workspace?

:help

Kitt Sign

I had been looking for a way to view photos at actual size in Flexisign to determine if the artwork that our clients had sent will be of good enough quality for the proposed sign application.

In the past we just made a box, say 10", zoomed in and out until the box measured approximately 10" on the screen with a tape measure. We had to do this every time we wanted to see a photo at actual size. It was a little time consuming, so we figured out a hack. (see below). This is not 100% accurate, but depending on your tape measuring skills, can be very close.

This has to be done for each monitor that you use Flexi on, but you only have to do it once.
1) Make a box, any size.
2) Click on the box, then use the Zoom to Selected tool.
3) Use a tape measure to measure the horizontal width of this box on your screen. Write down this measurement because this is the number you will use in the future for this monitor.
4) When you want to view something at actual size, make a box with the horizontal width that you measured previously.
5) Click on the box, then use the Zoom to Selected tool.
6) Now everything on the screen will be actual size.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I had been looking for a way to view photos at actual size in Flexisign to determine if the artwork that our clients had sent will be of good enough quality for the proposed sign application.

In the past we just made a box, say 10", zoomed in and out until the box measured approximately 10" on the screen with a tape measure. We had to do this every time we wanted to see a photo at actual size. It was a little time consuming, so we figured out a hack. (see below). This is not 100% accurate, but depending on your tape measuring skills, can be very close.

This has to be done for each monitor that you use Flexi on, but you only have to do it once.
1) Make a box, any size.
2) Click on the box, then use the Zoom to Selected tool.
3) Use a tape measure to measure the horizontal width of this box on your screen. Write down this measurement because this is the number you will use in the future for this monitor.
4) When you want to view something at actual size, make a box with the horizontal width that you measured previously.
5) Click on the box, then use the Zoom to Selected tool.
6) Now everything on the screen will be actual size.
Pretty much the exact same thing I do!

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Is there no view button you can just set to 100% so you can see the actual printed size of it? Or see how far you are zoomed in?

Here found it for you, should be a lot easier than whatever you were describing is.

Preview your final image BEFORE printing at full scale.
Your image editor should have a menu choice for "Actual Size," "Actual Pixels" or "1:1." In FlexiSIGN®, when you switch the workspace to emulate CorelDraw, there is an icon to set the image to 1:1 view. This resizes the image on your monitor to actual print size and then allows you to “see” the pixels in true size.

Last edited: