• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to White Flood Only Part of a Print with Onyx on HP FB750

Joshua Barnes

I use a Scitex FB750 with Onyx rip software. I'm trying to figure out how to underflood only a portion of an image. I've attached a screenshot of the file I'm trying to accomplish this with. The portion outlined in red has a solid spot color behind it. I need that to underflood, but I need the bluish background to print without white so it is translucent. Does anybody know how/if this can be accomplished?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 8,498

balstestrat

Problem Solver
White is just like any other ink. You can do all the same things, text, black and white Images, gradients what ever you can imagine.

iprint

Bring your white to the front, on top of the image. Also, make sure you have Overprint fill selected in the attributes panel in Illustrator.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Are you doing this solely in Onyx, or does the artwork have the spot color where you want to print the white ink?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

I wrote a very basic tutorial covering it.
it basically follows the onyx guide but a lot more simple and to the point.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
That's a great guide, is that geared towards your customer?
Thanks! I plan to add a video tutorial to it also in the coming weeks for further explanation.

But yes, i made it for our clients to get a good and simple understanding on how to use spot colours as every now and then i find myself explaining it over the phone.
The onyx guides are a bit cumberstone, dated and geared towards the print shop rather than the designer.

I may do a photoshop one later down the line as it's a bit more involved, but not commonly used.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thanks! I plan to add a video tutorial to it also in the coming weeks for further explanation.

But yes, i made it for our clients to get a good and simple understanding on how to use spot colours as every now and then i find myself explaining it over the phone.
The onyx guides are a bit cumberstone, dated and geared towards the print shop rather than the designer.

I may do a photoshop one later down the line as it's a bit more involved, but not commonly used.
That's incredibly awesome... It's what I'm endeavouring to do soon. I really want to start building guides for our customers too.

To the OP, Pauly's guide is probably the most concise in comparison to the Onyx guide, the only think to be sure of is that your Spot Color mapping is correct in Onyx. IIRC from our HP 750 there are a couple tweaks in Onyx that make a big difference.

Nicholas Poku

I am a new FB Scitex 550 owner & just replaced my first #Cyan4 head - can anyone pls help me to get information on how to do calibrations ( Bidi, Saber, X 2 Y or Y 2 X etc)?