• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to wipe clean my hard drives?

D&Tgraphics

If it's not sensitive data, as you stated, I would just format the drive a couple times, full format not quick, and reinstall windows.

Techman

If it's not sensitive data, as you stated, I would just format the drive a couple times, full format not quick, and reinstall windows.

Format does not remove or alter any information.. All it does is set flags.

SignBurst PCs

If you really want it gone forever, you have to format it, write data to the entire disk (usually zeros 0000000000), and then format it again, more zeros, and format, and more zeros. You get the idea.

But again, this takes time.

To me, it is kind of like shedding mail, then burning it, then burying it, then mulching it, then planting flowers over it.

If I am going to take the time to do it, it had better be something that I REALLY want to get rid of.