• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy Y'all!

Texas1836

Howdy,

My name is Thomas and I work maintenance for the School District. A couple of months ago it was decided that we could use our own sign shop. They bought an engraver and a vinyl plotter, set up our own shop and turned me loose on it. I have learned quite a bit since then, but I know that there is always more to learn, and this looks like a great place to do some of that.

Thomas

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Welcome to the boards Thomas.

Don't be shy with questions. There's lots of folks here that are happy to respond.

What brands of hardware and software did they set you up with?

geb

Hi Thomas. Your right, this is a good place to learn. Good luck and when you get settled in with the new job show us some of the stuff you've done with the engraver and plotter.

George

Alf D

Welcome Thomas.
I've been in this game 30 odd years and this old dog is still learning new tricks.

Texas1836

Thanks for the welcoming.
Originally posted by Fred Weiss

What brands of hardware and software did they set you up with?
We have a Phoenix 1212 engraver and a Panther 48" vinyl plotter both run by Vision Pro/SignLab system.

Thomas

Texas1836

Yes I would guess that it is a flat bed engraver, don't really know many of the industry terms. It is a 12X12 flat surface with a computer controlled rotary engraver hung over it.

The engraving I do is name plates, room #'s and hallway signs on two color laminate, and ADA braille signage with two-step
Rowmark applique. But was told when we bought it that with the right cutters we can engrave most any thing within that 12X12 size under 4 inches tall.

Thomas

Alf D

Yep, you can engrave lot's of things with suitable cutters and lubricants.

Goodluck and have fun.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Welcome to Signs 101, ADA freak and sign guy...if you need any info, were more than happpy to help....