• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 115 vers Hp 315

Craig Keller

Trying to decide between the two hp latex printers. What different material medias will the 315 print that the 115 won't? Also between the hp115 54in Vers the 335 going from 54in to 63in what type if jobs would I miss out on??
Thanks

Stacey K

I like making signs
Personally, I went with the 115 simply because being one person and it's pretty rare I do anything over 4'x8'. It's quick and easy to order anything over and above 48" if needed. Still waiting for the electrician to install my 220's so you might think about that now LOL

balstestrat

Problem Solver
115 vs 315 those are almost the same machine.

315 just has bigger ink cartridges (cheaper ink) and OMAS.

Last edited:

FCD

I've been running a 115 for a year. I've printed multiple full wraps, perforated film, banner, static cling, ect. The only true positive to the 315 is the larger ink cartridges. I print quite a bit daily and am impressed by how long my cartridges last honestly.

Ronderick

I’m happy with my 115. Sometimes I wish I added a take up reel. Print quality is awesome. I don’t think there is much difference from the 315 other than ink cartridges as others have stated. I’m still learning the Flexi software. Coming from using Coreldraw for HTV t-shirts has been a small learning curve. Also learning the large format lingo.

• Agree
Reactions: FCD

FCD

I’m happy with my 115. Sometimes I wish I added a take up reel. Print quality is awesome. I don’t think there is much difference from the 315 other than ink cartridges as others have stated. I’m still learning the Flexi software. Coming from using Coreldraw for HTV t-shirts has been a small learning curve. Also learning the large format lingo.
The take up reel is definitely awesome, I highly recommend it, I usually only engage it if printing over 8 feet at a time though.

FCD

The OMAS isn't needed?
No, it's only needed for two sided printing and it just tracks how well the media is feeding through the printer and makes adjustments when necessary. On the 115, you can print a calibration chart if you feel it needs to be adjusted. I don't think I've ever had to print it though honestly.

Craig Keller

No, it's only needed for two sided printing and it just tracks how well the media is feeding through the printer and makes adjustments when necessary. On the 115, you can print a calibration chart if you feel it needs to be adjusted. I don't think I've ever had to print it though honestly.
U got 115

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Personally, I went with the 115 simply because being one person and it's pretty rare I do anything over 4'x8'. It's quick and easy to order anything over and above 48" if needed. Still waiting for the electrician to install my 220's so you might think about that now LOL
Stacey, go on youtube, watch a few videos and tell your son to wire it up. Get some 12/3 BX cable, 2 breakers, 2 boxes and 2 outlets and run it up through the drop ceiling. It's 2 hots and a ground, it's dummy work. If electricians were so great, they wouldn't have to mold into the plug what color wire goes to which screw. You can do this. Cut off the main when you put in the breakers and put 1 breaker on each side of the buss bar to balance the load.

Claytons

Im in the same boat, Trying to decide if I get the 315 or the 115, No problems with the power here in the UK, If the ink is the only real difference then It will probably be the 115 for me.