• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 / Flexi 22 print issues

rcook99

I am running a new to me HP315 with less than a 1000k sqm run through it using Flexi 22 print and cut. I have been running tests to make sure it's printing the colors I need with the appropriate profile. Printed one row of decals on calendared vinyl and that came out perfect. Continued on and went to print a set of 20 decals so 4 rows in total and after the first row the print quality seems to change. I have tried differed profiles which has not helped. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 185

greysquirrel

What media? What heater settings? If media is older, wipe area with alcohol, mark with sharpie and print see if the cleaned area prints better. If so bag the roll for a new one.
If temps of profile are set high, and printing in a cooler room, the heaters may not be keeping up with prepping media.
Set your adhesive vinyl profile temp to 214-215 degrees reprint. Most profiles default at 230 degrees…way too high

rcook99

Hard to see but either one of your printheads drop out or your media is bad. I think the first one.
What's odd is the first three head checks showed just the magenta on head 5 was not printing. Replaced that with a new head and was good as you can see from the two follow up head checks. When the problem started today you can see that head 2 & 6 are out for some reason but they were fine on previous head checks. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

rcook99

What media? What heater settings? If media is older, wipe area with alcohol, mark with sharpie and print see if the cleaned area prints better. If so bag the roll for a new one.
If temps of profile are set high, and printing in a cooler room, the heaters may not be keeping up with prepping media.
Set your adhesive vinyl profile temp to 214-215 degrees reprint. Most profiles default at 230 degrees…way too high
As far as media I tried a roll of cast and calendared vinyl and both are doing the same thing. As far as temps one profile had the temp at 240 and the other I tried was a 201. The room is at a constant 65 degrees with 40-60% humidity.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hard to say what is the root cause but it's printheads anyway. Could also be dirty connections, problems with carriage PCA, trailing cable, somehow air in the line (pip covers get stuck easily) etc..

rcook99

Hard to say what is the root cause but it's printheads anyway. Could also be dirty connections, problems with carriage PCA, trailing cable, somehow air in the line (pip covers get stuck easily) etc..
Weird as I printed a 4x8 banner two weeks ago without any problems. Thanks for your insight.

rcook99

Well after replacing two heads the printer is working well and colors have much more pop. Thanks for the help.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
1-check your maintenance cartridge..if it's full, that needs to be changed. I have had to change it at 15%.
2- check your optimizer printhead. and while youre at it, you might as well go ahead and check all of them.
That same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Turns out it was the printheads. Replaced them...works like a charm