• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 Printer life span

artofacks1

Does anyone know how many meters does print heads last?

Does anyone know how many meters can the machine last for?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Look at the printhead status and you will see value of ink usage in millilitres. Average anywhere from 3000ml to 20 000ml. It depends on how you use the printer and your luck and so forth.

Printer life if you want to keep it going... Years and years. If nothing major breaks usually at least 50 000m2. Then there is a big service to be done and you can choose what you like to do. Keep going without the service until something gives? Do the service and go up to 100 000m2? Scrap it?

Really these are pretty basic machines. Mostly easy to fix and keep running forever.

And it's 315. I honestly doubt you will ever get to 50 000m2. If you do you should have bought 365 :big laugh:

artofacks1

Look at the printhead status and you will see value of ink usage in millilitres. Average anywhere from 3000ml to 20 000ml. It depends on how you use the printer and your luck and so forth.

Printer life if you want to keep it going... Years and years. If nothing major breaks usually at least 50 000m2. Then there is a big service to be done and you can choose what you like to do. Keep going without the service until something gives? Do the service and go up to 100 000m2? Scrap it?

Really these are pretty basic machines. Mostly easy to fix and keep running forever.

And it's 315. I honestly doubt you will ever get to 50 000m2. If you do you should have bought 365 :big laugh:
Do you feel $6500 for used 315 that is 3 years old is fair? I’m always worried about buying used electronics older than 1.5 years. However I’ve only owned an Edge Fx and Envision 375. So it’s hard to gauge the used wide printer market.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Do you feel $6500 for used 315 that is 3 years old is fair? I’m always worried about buying used electronics older than 1.5 years. However I’ve only owned an Edge Fx and Envision 375. So it’s hard to gauge the used wide printer market.
Well... I don't know. Depends on what condition it's at. If new one costs $9999.

Worst case you have to purchase 6 new printheads $125 a pop, 7 ink cartridges $125 a pop and do a $1500 service maintenance on it. Is it worth it then? You tell me.

Ask them how many m2 it has done and what is the maintenance #1% and #3% at. Then tell them what I just said and offer $4000 or something...

My guess is that it has barely scraped it's lifespan and has done maybe 5000m2... It doesn't really matter that much that it's 3 years old. It comes out today basically the same from factory.

Bunch of people still running L360s from ~2014 when it was released. Only a handful that I have seen going to scrap.

Last edited:

jimmmi

My 360 has 36.000m² and runs like new. I've seen 360 with over 100.000 m² run perfect. Of course properly serviced. So 5000 its like a brand new machine.

AGCharlotte

my 310 has just about 21k on it since 2015. Outside of one service call to replace the carriage belt and the big maintenance, I've never had a tech out. I usually get 8-12k ml through a printhead before I replace it.