• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 315 Spindle Squeak

Fozkat

Our HP 315 spindle has started squeaking this morning. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and could please give me an idea of how I might fix it.
I'm hoping I can just throw some grease on there, but please let me know if you think this going to require a new part.

Fozkat

I'd say it will be just fine.
Ugggh turns out it wasn’t the spindle. My wife diagnosed the problem yesterday but when I came in to grease the spindle this morning I realized that the squeal is coming from the body of the printer.
Our HP techs haven’t been much help and my wife is on the phone with HP support but I figured I’d come back here in the meantime to see if I could find any more clues. I can’t find a parts diagram online so don’t even know where to start looking.

Fozkat

Ended up greasing everything we could and found the problem to be located at the end of the heavy metal roller. If anyone else ever has this problem, just a few drops of oil fixed it right up.

B27224F1-8C89-4718-8CF0-7FF540469E0D.jpeg