• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 335 Error Code after power outage

amw

Longtime Members
We have a HP 335 printer and ever time the power has gone out we get an error on the screen as it powers back on.
Here is the error that it shows after turning the power back on 06:48:15
I have tried to look it up and not found anything. In the past we would just call HP and they would have us unplug it and turn off the switch on the back, wait a little while and plug it back in and flip switch back on. I think that was all they had us do, which didn't always work on the 1st try. The last time I called they had me update the firmware which I did and then it worked fine. Until the power went out today and I now have the same error. I have tried unplugging it a few times, still getting the same message though.

Any help is greatly appreciated as we have things that we need to print asap.

Thank you!

Tony and Marsha

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's referencing to the hard drive. I'm guessing it doesn't really like those power outages.
I would run HDD recovery from the diagnostic menu and see if that helps. Then I would make sure to have the newest firmware installed (NEXUS_07_10_00.1).

Then maybe consider getting a UPS before it gets expensive....

amw

Longtime Members
It's referencing to the hard drive. I'm guessing it doesn't really like those power outages.
I would run HDD recovery from the diagnostic menu and see if that helps. Then I would make sure to have the newest firmware installed (NEXUS_07_10_00.1).

Then maybe consider getting a UPS before it gets expensive....
Thank you so much for your reply!

How would I get to that menu? When the printer starts its just the HP screen and then a black screen with the error code on it. I was able to update the firmware to the latest using a usb drive plugged in the back. After it was done though it restarted and has the same black screen with the same error code. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the warranty has already ended. The printer has not had a lot of use so I am surprised we have had so many issues with it.

This is the first screen that shows up, you done get anything else on that screen and then it goes right to the next image.
1st screen.jpg
This is what it shows and it just stays like that.
2nd screen.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Then you might be out of luck. Can't get to diagnostics without that.
There's 3 LEDs close to the ethernet port. What do the LEDs show during the boot up and during the error?

Sounds like your HDD might be finally too messed up.

amw

Longtime Members
Then you might be out of luck. Can't get to diagnostics without that.
There's 3 LEDs close to the ethernet port. What do the LEDs show during the boot up and during the error?

Sounds like your HDD might be finally too messed up.
The 3 LED light on the back going left to right. 1 is off, 2 is blinking, and the 3rd is on.
If it does need a new hdd, do you know how much they run and can I install it?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The order is opposite of what you said but this is the meaning.

Screenshot_20211102-204812.jpg

V8N83-67001 part number. You should be able to buy it from HP parts site.
Easy to install, you may have to run a diagnostic after that.

amw

Longtime Members
The order is opposite of what you said but this is the meaning.

View attachment 156201

V8N83-67001 part number. You should be able to buy it from HP parts site.
Easy to install, you may have to run a diagnostic after that.
Ok, thank you! I looked and it says that it is not orderable thru the hp site. I did find a site that lists it and says it is in stock (partshere dot com). They list it for the latex 365, i am guessing that is ok. Will it come with the software/firmware on it? Or is it blank and I just use a usb thumb drive and load it on it like when I have done a firmware upgrade? Also is there anywhere i could get a service manual for it or exploded diagram of one?

Thank you so much for your help!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yep same as 365. It has the software inside but you have to update it to the newest FW.
I've seen that service manual going around.. Probably able to find it with a little search.

Ezek0

Is this it? Manual says to install firmware with the web interface but I would recommend installing firmware through USB

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (53).png
    Captura de pantalla (53).png
    111.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Captura de pantalla (54).png
    Captura de pantalla (54).png
    149.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Captura de pantalla (55).png
    Captura de pantalla (55).png
    66.8 KB · Views: 109

amw

Longtime Members
Thank you both. Sorry I hadn't been back sooner. Our son has some health issues and we had to take care of that first.

So here is the latest...
I had ordered the part from partshere, however a few hours after ordering they canceled my order. They said to check back at a later time. Checking back later it now shows it as "discontinued". I emailed them and was told that they are most likely just out of stock and check back in a few weeks and they might be back. As of this post, it still says out of stock. Pretty much how my luck has been lately!

Having said all that... I do have it back up and running as of yesterday. The SSD has been replaced and it is working now. After it was installed and turned on it had an error basically saying it was not the correct part. It said to restart the printer and if it continues to contact support. It even gave a button to restart the printer on that screen. I hit that button, it restarted took a little longer then I expected however I could see it was loading stuff. Then it went to the screen like it was a new install. I went thru the few things it wanted and then it was all set other then it not having anything other then basic profiles. I have printed a little with it to be sure its good. When it was done I turned it off using the button on the front and then flipped the switch on the back. I want to make sure it starts up fine after sitting like that.

The firmware is not the latest (oct/21) it is the version before that currently.
Is there anything else I should do to make sure its working correctly?

Thank you both for your help!