• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 360 Need urgent help for used 360 print test before purchase

jimmmi

Hello I am about to buy a used 360 latex. I attached photos of the print test. I would like from owners to tell me if the test is ok or has problems. It has 40.000m² printed and 280.000ml ink. Are these huge numbers or normal? Please reply asap!
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20190806_172312.jpg
    IMG_20190806_172312.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_20190806_172347.jpg
    IMG_20190806_172347.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20190806_172424.jpg
    IMG_20190806_172424.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20190806_172404.jpg
    IMG_20190806_172404.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

flyplainsdrifta

looks relatively normal. i run a 560 so unless its wildly different, which im fairly sure it isnt, it should be okay. keep in mind those heads are user replaceable and cheap so you may want to drop a new set of heads in there to start fresh at 0 on everything. id watch it in operation if possible to see if there are any strange happenings.

jimmmi

Thanks for replying. 38.000m² is it normal? I mean would it go more?
Also in photo 2 and 4 there is something like fading in the middle of the horizontally lines. Is it normal?

jwlllpl

If this is attached to a pc I would open the HP device software using the IP address. This has a wealth of information about the printer. Previous ink and substrate usage. Maintenance needs. Error codes if any are also listed.

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
The print head alignment looks normal.

That machine appears to have ran some serious material in its life........ About twice what mine has.

Ask if they have had the Maint Service #2, or Maint Service #3, and how long ago were those? You want a yes on both with that much ink and substrate ran through it.....

Has the Post Heater element been replaced?

jwlllpl

Those numbers are slightly lower than what we have. We did a Maintenance 3 and heat element two months ago and we have been thru two Maintenance 2 since we got it. All of this information will be in the IP software. It tells you when to replace Maintenance 2 and 3 by showing percentage used. Error codes are handy to show if a part is going bad or has been replaced.

jimmmi

Those numbers are slightly lower than what we have. We did a Maintenance 3 and heat element two months ago and we have been thru two Maintenance 2 since we got it. All of this information will be in the IP software. It tells you when to replace Maintenance 2 and 3 by showing percentage used. Error codes are handy to show if a part is going bad or has been replaced.

I've uploaded some info from the server. Please check and let me know
(They are in German but I think someone owns this printer will understand)

Attachments

• IMG_20190806_192116.jpg
    IMG_20190806_192116.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20190806_192102.jpg
    IMG_20190806_192102.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_20190806_192049.jpg
    IMG_20190806_192049.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_20190806_192851.jpg
    IMG_20190806_192851.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 298

jwlllpl

Service Maintenance Kit 2 is 15% and Kit 3 is 44%. Both of these numbers will vary depending on your usage too. Click the usage tab to get ink and substrate usage to date.

jimmmi

Service Maintenance Kit 2 is 15% and Kit 3 is 44%. Both of these numbers will vary depending on your usage too. Click the usage tab to get ink and substrate usage to date.

So the 15% and 44% are good? Meaning it has life to print? Sorry for my questions but it's the first time with latex

jwlllpl

Yes .. you still have print life before changing kit 2. We had service done for kit 3 so they did a thorough cleaning at that time. I would also recommend extended warranty as parts can get costly. My next assessment would be the cleanliness of area kept in and general cleanliness of the machine itself. The cooling and heating fans should be kept as dust free as possible. We are very happy with our printer to date.

jimmmi

Yes .. you still have print life before changing kit 2. We had service done for kit 3 so they did a thorough cleaning at that time. I would also recommend extended warranty as parts can get costly. My next assessment would be the cleanliness of area kept in and general cleanliness of the machine itself. The cooling and heating fans should be kept as dust free as possible. We are very happy with our printer to date.
How much costs Maintenance 1 2 and 3?

jwlllpl

Kit 2 is Approx $140 usd. Kit 3 is based on whether you have warranty or not. We were getting a part replaced under warranty and our tech noticed we were at 85% so he just did the kit 3 too. Not sure of the the cost for that. OEM ink cartridges approx $119 each and print heads approx $121 each. Some places offer deals if you buy full set.

jimmmi

Kit 2 is Approx $140 usd. Kit 3 is based on whether you have warranty or not. We were getting a part replaced under warranty and our tech noticed we were at 85% so he just did the kit 3 too. Not sure of the the cost for that. OEM ink cartridges approx $119 each and print heads approx $121 each. Some places offer deals if you buy full set.

A friend mentioned about t"Post Heater element been replaced?"
What does he mean? Does it show on the photos I sent?

jimmmi

How many liters of Ink lasts each printhead? I've read that LC/LM are damaging more often. Also ink+printhead replacement cost is it equal to eco solvents inks? Supposed that one day a printhead will be needed for the eco-solvent

ikarasu

We get 3-4 liters per head... I believe the warranty is 1, and 2-3 is average.

You're in greece, so I don't know your cost. But a head is a consumable and costs $100 here...Ink + printhead is comparable to solvent...depending on the machine. There's 20+ main solvent printers out there. If you need to replace a solvent head, you're looking at 3-4K because you need a tech.. maybe more in greece. But solvent heads dont fail often, unless you get head strikes.

Ask the company who services their printer - Call them up and ask them all this information... USA prices will vary greatly compared to your prices. And if theres no local tech... I wouldn't touch it, when / if something breaks it'll be hell to get it repaired.

Most of the stuff your asking, no one on here will be of help... We don't know what prices are like in your country. You may not be able to get ink and have to fly it in, which would make it cost 5x as much for all we know... your best bet is to ask your local distributor these questions and see what they say.

jimmmi

We get 3-4 liters per head... I believe the warranty is 1, and 2-3 is average.

You're in greece, so I don't know your cost. But a head is a consumable and costs $100 here...Ink + printhead is comparable to solvent...depending on the machine. There's 20+ main solvent printers out there. If you need to replace a solvent head, you're looking at 3-4K because you need a tech.. maybe more in greece. But solvent heads dont fail often, unless you get head strikes.

Ask the company who services their printer - Call them up and ask them all this information... USA prices will vary greatly compared to your prices. And if theres no local tech... I wouldn't touch it, when / if something breaks it'll be hell to get it repaired.

Most of the stuff your asking, no one on here will be of help... We don't know what prices are like in your country. You may not be able to get ink and have to fly it in, which would make it cost 5x as much for all we know... your best bet is to ask your local distributor these questions and see what they say.

Thanks for replying.
We have hp ink and heads also I'm Greece. No problem with that. Also have STS ink for hp. Just wondering about the cost etc. One prosis that hp doesn't spent so much ink for cleaning circles when idle as ive read.