• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 colors have gone to #$&^(#@

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Switch to printer using Piezo heads.

I don't understand how throwing printheads and maint kits in the garbage is safe for Ecology!
What's the point of this? It didn't even seem to be a printer issue after all and because he didn't reply we don't know.

The only capable competitor with another "latex" option is Epson now and we still don't know much about the performance of that machine.
HP likes to use thermal heads and it's a business for them, pretty simple. If you can't afford the additional, I don't know, $0.2/m2? it's clearly the wrong printer for you or you are charging too little.
At least it doesn't stink like all of those "low odour" eco-solvents. And it's not like I wouldn't want to see them using Piezos, I just don't see it happening.
But all this is far beyond the point...

You can order a box from HP free of charge and they collect it when it's full. They will definitely take those printheads but I'm quite sure they will take the maintenance cartridge as well and recycle those for you.

Last edited:
Consumable items from HP Latex printers are available for recycling at no cost to the customer, through the Planet Partners program- even including packaging and shipping costs..
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/recycling/ink-toner.html

In addition, the new Latex 700 and 800 Series printers are using new cardboard eco-carton packages (1-liter and 3-liter) which contains 80-percent less plastic. These printer models are also manufactured using 22 pounds (10 kilos) of ocean-bound plastics, and the maintenance cartridge is made from recycled plastic compounds.

We brought in a new HP 365 back in July and everything was great. Bright, vivid colors. Good Pantone matching. Good color matching between jobs.

About a month ago that all went to hell. We didn't change anything but suddenly banners are horrible. Lifeless, almost washed out colors, horrible vibrancy. We changed the profiles, cleaned the heads, calibrated, all the usual things but they still look bad. HOWEVER, if we print banners by telling the printer that adhesive vinyl is loaded the colors are great. We used that as a work around for a while but now I'm having the same problem with vinyl....dull, lifeless colors.

I am trying to print another copy of a job we did two weeks ago. I simply reloaded the job from Onyx, it's the same ripped file, no changes have been made, and the same roll of IJ140 and the colors from the two prints are night and day different.

Anybody have any idea where I should start trying to figure this out?

Pat did you ever find a solution? My 310 just did the same thing to me. Printing great and then boom... washed out colors. Replaced most of the heads and got it back, now a few weeks later my blues have turned purple.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Pat did you ever find a solution? My 310 just did the same thing to me. Printing great and then boom... washed out colors. Replaced most of the heads and got it back, now a few weeks later my blues have turned purple.
How much do you use the printer? Low usage? Have you been shaking cartridges if some stay in the printer for a long time?

How much do you use the printer? Low usage? Have you been shaking cartridges if some stay in the printer for a long time?

Very low usage. I only print a couple days a week, I do fire apparatus graphics and I’m a one man operation. I have never shaken the cartridges, I’ve actually never heard that. It makes sense though

Make sure that none of your inks are reporting as expired. Replacing just PHs will work for a short time as there is a reservoir in the PH, but if the inks in the system are pigment depleted, they need to be replaced with fresh ink - including the ink in the ink delivery system.

Make sure that none of your inks are reporting as expired. Replacing just PHs will work for a short time as there is a reservoir in the PH, but if the inks in the system are pigment depleted, they need to be replaced with fresh ink - including the ink in the ink delivery system.

I have two inks showing expired... both the Cyan and Light Cyan. The “Warranty Ends” date is 10/2020 on both. However the expiration date in the printer screen shows 5/2021 for both.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Very low usage. I only print a couple days a week, I do fire apparatus graphics and I’m a one man operation. I have never shaken the cartridges, I’ve actually never heard that. It makes sense though
Yeah so that probably overall explains this. I would recommend to monthly take out the cartridges and give them a shake. That printer is meant for printing and not doing nothing so normally the cartridges keep changing to new ones but you seem to have 2-3 year old cartridges in the machine.
Now if you shake them today it will take 20-50ml of each ink to pass through the system before it's "refreshed" in the printhead. And like was said, those do expire as well..

You say "Replaced most of the heads", which one did you actually replace? You might have to replace the ones that you didn't also.

Yeah so that probably overall explains this. I would recommend to monthly take out the cartridges and give them a shake. That printer is meant for printing and not doing nothing so normally the cartridges keep changing to new ones but you seem to have 2-3 year old cartridges in the machine.
Now if you shake them today it will take 20-50ml of each ink to pass through the system before it's "refreshed" in the printhead. And like was said, those do expire as well..

You say "Replaced most of the heads", which one did you actually replace? You might have to replace the ones that you didn't also.

Good to know. I have new Cyan and Light Cyan ink coming in today. All the heads are less than a year old, most are less than a couple months old. I keep them rotated out fairly regularly. I just hope the old ink didn’t cause an issue with the new heads.

MarcParpal

Hi,
I’m the designer of the hp control print. In your case plot looks ok, so I would discard ph’s status. However if you perform the check for printheaf health plot you will see better if you have issues with aome printheads (ig is the case that you have color degradation or puntual bandins or changes of color. If the color change is in all areafills , i would chec the rip settings. As you can see in the Ho control Print, in the color bands, colors looks perfect…
Hope this helps

JamesLam

Today I came across the same problem with my HP 365. We printed a bunch of posters and canvas this week and everything has come out perfect. This afternoon I went to push through a canvas and the blue grey sky is now purpley rose. Some inks are fresh and some expired but when I did a series of test prints there does not seem to be an issue with clogs, etc. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20220720_152554.jpg
    IMG_20220720_152554.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20220720_152601.jpg
    IMG_20220720_152601.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01476 Cropped.jpg
    DSC01476 Cropped.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20220720_152953.jpg
    IMG_20220720_152953.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 129

JamesLam

Today I came across the same problem with my HP 365. We printed a bunch of posters and canvas this week and everything has come out perfect. This afternoon I went to push through a canvas and the blue grey sky is now purpley rose. Some inks are fresh and some expired but when I did a series of test prints there does not seem to be an issue with clogs, etc. Thoughts?
Possibly it's the file and print settings?

JamesLam

What does 'expired ink' really mean? Do the inks not flow properly, they don't interact with the optimizer as they should, the colours lose their oomph? Can anyone provide examples of what to look for when an ink has expired? Trying to resolve my issues I have completed a number of test outputs, checked print heads, etc and these all come back good to go. But I am left with the same results when back to real world prints.

JamesLam

To expand this further, can anyone provide examples of what defunct printheads do to the outputs in respect to colour. I've gone through a number of cleaners, alignments, etc. and the same pink in place of grey issue exists.