• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 latex error 11:10 (Trailing cable is not connected)

Quix

Hello everyone.
I'm having an issue with my 365 latex printer.
Next day after printing constantly without any issues, I turned on the printer and got an error code 11:10.
This has happened before (about 6 and 10 months ago) but after restarting a few times (I read online that unplugging the printer could help) the error disappeared and the printer started just fine.
Google is not what it used to be, and I get no useful information online...
Has anyone had the same issue?
How did you fix it?

Quix

The first time it happened, I called support, they charged me for a technician who came to check the equipment.
He rebooted twice and the problem went away (randomly)
He couldn't make any diagnostic, since the fault was no longer observable.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So this error is pretty much only pointing to the Trailing cable. What I would do is check both ends, take out the connector and put it back. Also to check the cable because this cable is known to break at some point, the rubber outside breaks and the wires twist and cut.
Remove the display side end piece so you can see the top of the carriage. Take the trailing cable connector out and plug it back in. Remove the small plastic cover behind where the LAN cable goes to. There is the other end of the trailing cable, reseat that.
After that open the window and reach up to the top panel, under that you will have the trailing pack with ink tubes and cables. Lift that down (it's on a U shaped channel), open it a little bit and inspect the trailing cable for any damage.
If you can see the wires inside, it's going to be broken now or very soon. It needs to be replaced.

If you need it I have the spare part number just for the trailing cable. It's like $150 and easy to replace.
DO NOT pay for the large cable package that is like $1500!

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
And to add a bit more, you sure can have an issue with the carriage PCA or the PCA that sends the data as well or really anything But the cable has been the issue for 9/10 times.

This trailing cable fits for you :
2ET72-67020 Trailing Cable

Last edited:

Migg

So this error is pretty much only pointing to the Trailing cable. What I would do is check both ends, take out the connector and put it back. Also to check the cable because this cable is known to break at some point, the rubber outside breaks and the wires twist and cut.
Remove the display side end piece so you can see the top of the carriage. Take the trailing cable connector out and plug it back in. Remove the small plastic cover behind where the LAN cable goes to. There is the other end of the trailing cable, reseat that.
After that open the window and reach up to the top panel, under that you will have the trailing pack with ink tubes and cables. Lift that down (it's on a U shaped channel), open it a little bit and inspect the trailing cable for any damage.
If you can see the wires inside, it's going to be broken now or very soon. It needs to be replaced.

If you need it I have the spare part number just for the trailing cable. It's like $150 and easy to replace.
DO NOT pay for the large cable package that is like $1500!
By any chance do you know a good video showing how to do this? I just got this error with my latex 315. I'm going to test the PCA and hope it helps.

I did start getting this error after the print head housing hit into some rigid media. But turning off and unplugging the machine for awhile and restarting it, the error went away and would print perfectly. So I'm not sure if the belt is damaged or tweak it would print at all?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
By any chance do you know a good video showing how to do this? I just got this error with my latex 315. I'm going to test the PCA and hope it helps.

I did start getting this error after the print head housing hit into some rigid media. But turning off and unplugging the machine for awhile and restarting it, the error went away and would print perfectly. So I'm not sure if the belt is damaged or tweak it would print at all?
I don't think there's a video of it. Could be that the cable just moved a little from the hit and gave the error.

Andrew Hodgson

I had the same problem, it was pretty hard finding the image of the trailing cable online. I am using the HP 560, but I imagine it's similar to the 360 series. I took off the right side panel and the panel where the lan cord goes into. I disconnected both sides and put them back in. The printer started working after that. For some reason, the back panel where the Lan port is was hitting the cable and caused some type of kink to make the printer not work. This post probably saved me $1700!

Carriage-Trail-Cable.jpg

twister

This thread totally saved me from having to get help with my Latex 365. In the past the error message would go away from a powering down, unplugging and rebooting after it had sat for a couple days but this time that didn't work. The photo really helped me located the cable and it was a loose connection issue at the board as it now works as before. It's not the tightest connection so if it happens again I may devise a was to secure it more than the factory. Thank you for the information.

LuXurious Wraps

This thread saved my ass for sure. Thank you. I replaced my cord and now my printer stops printing in middle of first panel then stops and tells me to restart my printer.....what is going on??