• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 not rewinding the spindle

akuarela

Hi! Having an issue when loading the 365, hopefully nothing broke... Just to make sure, I tried 2 different substrates, but it's showing "Roll direction not detected. Ensure substrate is tight on the roll and entry". I have had that message before, but easily fixed by manually winding or because it was at the end of the roll. This time it is not responding, and not rewinding.
I was able to print some, but the advance was not as precise as normal, so the 3' banners turned out at least 1/2" shorter than they should.

Of course, before I start taking the whole machine apart, I would like to see if any of you have had this issue and how was it solved, or what part did you change.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 74

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
has it been happening with banner material? I noticed it happened with me with material that was at the end of the roll. I knew I had enough but for some reason it said roll not detected. When I get this message, I unload and reload the material.
I noticed also with the banner material, the core is thicker and it's difficult to put on the spindle.

akuarela

Thanks, Geneva. This had happened to me before, but in this case, I tried after the banner (that was not at the end) with adhesive almost full roll, and the same.
So, now I'm looking at buying a

CH955-67064 HP Latex L26500 Rewinder Motor and Gears​

I had a very heavy roll and I think we did something, as I heard a suspicious noise before all this mess happened.