• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 Streaking

JamesLam

So I have had a few outputs that had streaking in the first 4 or 5 inches of the print. My thinking is that I started the print too close to the leading edge of the roll and the head mucked up the print before it had a chance to hit the fans and set. The stock we're using for this project is pretty heavy so there is a bit of curl in the paper.

Attachments

• IMG_20220316_093203.jpg
    IMG_20220316_093203.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 150

Dan360

Forward it out past the heating unit before printing, or attach it to the takeup first if that doesn't work.

JamesLam

Forward it out past the heating unit before printing, or attach it to the takeup first if that doesn't work.
I figured as much. Just being frugal by not wasting a foot of media but in the end it cost me anyway. Thanks

Dan360

Yea, you can usually get away with it on most media if your profile settings are good, but the thicker stuff and banners I've never been able to print that close to the leader.

Precision

Always hang the media about 4 or 5 inches past the heater. Yeah, you feel like your being frugal, but 9 times out of ten you end up with 3 - 5 feet of waste at the end of the roll anyway. Plus it keeps head strikes down.

Your picture looks like the print is rubbing the roof of the heater before the ink even gets a chance to dry.

Some papers/vinyls will curl or warp at this early stage, screw up your print, waste ink, make a mess and waste time wasted restarting the printer. It's worth saving the aggravation.

JamesLam

Always hang the media about 4 or 5 inches past the heater. Yeah, you feel like your being frugal, but 9 times out of ten you end up with 3 - 5 feet of waste at the end of the roll anyway. Plus it keeps head strikes down.

Your picture looks like the print is rubbing the roof of the heater before the ink even gets a chance to dry.

Some papers/vinyls will curl or warp at this early stage, screw up your print, waste ink, make a mess and waste time wasted restarting the printer. It's worth saving the aggravation.
Yep, part of the personal learning curve, evaluating when to be frugal and efficient with materials compared to when it's just part of the process and the yield is what it is.