• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 vs HP700 latex, vs HP700White

k_graham

Hi all;

Our discontinued hp26500 is out of ink and time to upgrade

Only HP dealer comes to our area so choices seem to be

1.new (older technology HP365)

2.new technology HP700 or

3. HP700White(which they state does automixing)

Has anyone installed the 700 or 700white?
On other printers white is a disaster if not used regularly, on the 700W that claims to automatically stir what are the chances it needs no special maintenance?

Thanks, Ken

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've played with both 3gen (L365) and 4gen (L700/800).
I would not buy L700 without white but go for L365. It's just so much cheaper and unless you have some special needs of the 4gen.

Then if you want white, obviously you need to go for it. System is the same as in R-series where it keeps circulating the ink between the two bags and like said, you take the printheads out of the printer when you don't use them.
Seems to work pretty good. I've had the printheads out of the printer for 2-3 months and they are operative after 5 minutes of inserting them back.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
In all honesty though, unless you need white ink you should stay on the 365, that is a helluva machine that can do everything.

axelmk

Hi Ken,
We have 3 HP's 360, 560 and an r1000 flatbed with White ink.
I do not have experience with the 700/800 series but I can tell you that in 2 years of owning the r1000, white has not been an issue whatsoever.
The 360 and the 560 have been extremely reliable. Personally I like the 560 much better, the loading/Unloading as well a the take-up reel are much easier to use.
You might be able to get a good deal on 560 now that they are promoting the new generation.
Using White definitely has to be defined by your market, do you see potential in selling it or not?
we definitely have found it useful in our market.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

jimmmi

One thing makes the difference is also the overcoat on 700-800. You will get rid of the overlaminate peeling off issue of 300-500 series

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You might be able to get a good deal on 560 now that they are promoting the new generation.
500-series is discontinued and hasn't been available since they released the new ones.
So no more of those unless someone happens to have one laying back in the warehouse or demo unit.