• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 54” Cutter (rebranded Summa) HELP!

Tommy Viv

hey all…

i’m looking for some help with a problem i have been having with my “HP” 54” plotter…

so, as for what i know, this machine is a rebranded Summa D 140 …

i have had 0 issues with any internal parts up until one day, randomly, i go to power on and i get almost no response..other than 8 black rectangles.

upon further inspection, all the simple troubleshooting i end up pulling this machine apart.

power supply inside the machine appears to be in good shape, thoroughly checked with a multimeter from the receptacle through to the main board.

17eff71f91de95629e5ef27f8ac8cdc7.jpg

on the main board i found this resistor that seems to have solder that ran up one leg and the other leg seemed to have a poor connection to the board. (left leg) although the resistor itself was not blown.

488c83b93136e9e5034d659799520416.jpg

so… i solder that leg in nicely, double, triple check.. (yes, i was grounded to avoid static damage as well) put the machine back together plug’er in and bam, she fires up and sounds like she’s back to normal…

then i get hit with ALL these codes!

at+e
at+ver
at+mid
at+socka1
at+uart1
at+z

i press through all these (can’t find ANY information on what these mean, and i feel like i’ve done a thorough search but i would love for someone to show me the page i missed) and i load a roll of vinyl and attempt to send it a job.

no ethernet connection, no light when plugged in , nothing.

reinstall up to date firmware through “HP cutter control app” , no fix to the ethernet issue.

now, no big deal, i try to send a job through USB… bam… sent, read, cut perfectly. flawless.

got my jobs done through the week (last week) show up today after one day of inactivity, go to power the machine up…8 more black bars…

no response.. that brings us up to date…

I’m going to tear this machine back apart tomorrow to further inspect and check everything over BUT i am wondering if ANYONE OUT THERE could possibly lead me in the correct direction to resolve my issue… or point out a portion of my problem? has anyone ever seen these codes? i can not seem to figure out how to access the “service menu” or any other functions such as a hard factory reset. let alone any documented error codes that mimic the ones i have…

i am at a loss here, and not to mention, extremely upset at the HP support team for continuing to be useless…(i spent 4 hours on hold one day last week and prior to this issue they have not helped resolve jack in the past)

i am willing and ready at this point to purchase a new machine to continue production with my HP Latex 315, and purchase the parts needed to fix this HP POS rebranded Summa Plotter. (BUT I WILL NEVER PURCHASE AN HP PRODUCT EVER AGAIN) so i am also looking for any feedback and suggestions on a viable substitute for this hunk of shi.

oh also this is my code when i go to configure ethernet connectivity, but that’s not even a concern of mine, i’ll USB my jobs old school if it’s what’s gotta happen to keep printing n cutting…

configure IP
enter+at
at+wann failed

any and all help is greatly appreciated and i thank everyone for their time in advance…

-Tommy

Tommy Viv

i do not have a support representative..

how do i go about contacting one? it has been like pulling teeth getting in contact with ANYONE from HP

and i have been through the Network settings.. it does not let me access them without the codes listed on the bottom of my post (+ WANN)

is there any other input for me to resolve this issue dude? i feel as i am able to fix anything that HP tech support can fix (with the exception of some secret firmware settings or updates that i may not have access to) especially considering i can not even get ahold of anyone…

i don’t think my only issue is my network connectivity, because i was hit with the black bars and the plotter will not power all the way back up again..

TIA! appreciate the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Clearly there is something messed up in your network part of the main PCB. But there isn't much explanation about this and as there isn't many parts, the next logical step is the replace the main PCB.

I can't give you the service code but inside there I would definitely try the "default lan" reset option. Will it help, I honestly doubt it.

Tommy Viv

[mention]balstestrat [/mention] ok well.. i will absolutely take your word for this and be looking to purchase a main PCB.

do you happen to have any recommendations on a supplier or place to purchase that part from?

would you happen to know if this is the correct part number?

1NC40-67001

this is my current screen by the way…
04f67775aaa2b1198941e1cd0ef9345b.jpg

i really really appreciate your time and responses on helping resolve this issue dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah it's the right part number 1NC40-67001 Main PCA.
Before replacing you should take a backup of the old one and then restore the data on the new one. And possibly some calibrations but I'm not sure if it's really needed or not.
Get it from where you like or from HP https://parts.hp.com/