• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 frozen after cancelling job

JPR-5690

When I print a job from Caldera and the link between the image in the queue and the actual file on my HD is broken (i.e. the original file gets moved, renamed, etc.) the job automatically errors out in Caldera, but the 560 will continually be warming up like it going to start printing.

I can cancel the job on the printer itself, but then it gets stuck constantly saying that its cancelling.

The only way I've been able to get around it is to force shut-down the printer by holding down the power button on the front panel and restarting the printer which takes a good 10min.

Anyone know of another way to get past this (besides being careful not to break my links in Caldera)?

Dukenukem117

I have Onyx 12.1 and it also has an extremely long delay between when I try to cancel a job or when it automatically cancels because I lost connection to the printer, and when it actually cancels. It will say 'canceling' for a long time before it finally stops. How much time did you give it before you did a hard reset?

flyplainsdrifta

honestly if you are in a hurry, i almost feel like restarting as soon as you have the problem and not waiting 5 minutes to realize its not actually going to cancel is the better way to go if youre under the gun. also its just straight up infuriating watching the little circle wheel out. makes just wanna put my fist thru the lcd screen.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have this problem as well on our 560. I think a hardware update is needed, as I don't think I had this happen until the latest one. It's a pain, especially when I'm in a hurry, cancel a job for whatever reason, restart and then wonder why nothing is printing 15 minutes later.

flyplainsdrifta

yeahh. when that happens and the connection is broken, i just reset the server in caldera. shut printer off manually, give it about 10 seconds and restart. shut it down in the server admin. close out of caldera completely after the restart of the 560. reopen caldera. open 560. reconnects perfectly. that server reset is pretty key.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Yep, same thing. Sometimes when you cancel, there's a hiccup between the 2. You gotta just Hard Restart the printer.
Also, give it some time before you resend a print after a successful cancellation. Otherwise the NEW ripped item get's lost on the way as well.