• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 & HP Premium Poster Paper

RMarshall

Light areas in the image always print less glossy than darker areas and are also more prone to scuffing.
If I lightly drag my fingernail across the print, it barely leaves any mark over darker areas but more visibly over light areas.

I originally thought that the ink/optimizer wasn't curing but changing optimizer levels, pass count, pass delay, and curing temp didn't help.
Even hitting it with a heat gun didn't make a difference (although I didn't try hitting my head with the heat gun...)

I found a printed sample of the same paper in a pack that HP sent me ages ago and it's the same way.

Is this specific paper causing this or is it just the way latex prints on paper?

If other papers work better, any recommendations?

(if it matters I've only been able to successfully run 36" rolls of paper...our shop doesn't have great climate control and we're victim of east coast humidity)

Attachments

• IMG_9993.JPG
    IMG_9993.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 452
  • IMG_9992.JPG
    IMG_9992.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 113

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think I already replied about this but I doubt you can do much about it. The clean and printed part just behaves differently because of the characteristics of the substrate, paper in this case.

RMarshall

I think I already replied about this but I doubt you can do much about it. The clean and printed part just behaves differently because of the characteristics of the substrate, paper in this case.
After a recent poster order the question came up again so I figured I would repost with (hopefully) better wording and photos.

Do other papers work better/differently?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Someone might know better but I think as long as it's paper paper, you can move or "modify" the top structure of the fibres with your fingers and it will make it look optically different.

jimmmi

Light areas are always less glossy than darker areas because of the more ink printed in dark colors. Its always like that. For black areas specifically you can change GCR evels, so it will add more black and less other colors to achieve the same black but with less ink. Also create a profile with less % ink . This works for me. Optimizer has nothing to do with all this stuff