• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 Line Sensor?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Just saw an error code about Line Sensor at end of life. Didn't write down the error code number. Is this something I can change out easily? I quickly Google searched but didn't see much about it.

Dan360

I just got this on my 360, I'm assuming it's gonna be very similar if not exactly the same on the 560.

It's really easy to get to, take off the right cover and then unclip the metal cover on the carriage that covers the PCB. The line sensor is on the right side attached with a ribbon cable and 2 screws. I just cleaned mine and the error went away.

The line sensor is part of service maintenance kit #3, so check the life of that, if it's getting up there then that might explain your error.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
OK thanks....no, my SMK#3 is only at 52%. And it just popped up briefly after changing out my maintenance cartridge. I'll send another job and see if it pops up again.