• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 Printhead replacement bad as well

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, I am having a print quality issue. I did a force drop detection and I am not getting ink from Light Magenta and Light Cyan. I have replaced the printhead and still getting an error. Both printheads look good to me. Is there anything I can do before I need an HP service rep? My printer is out of warranty.

I have already tried
- Printhead cleaning
- Trying new ink cartridge
- New Printhead

balstestrat

Problem Solver
First clean the printhead connection properly. That usually helps.

If it doesn't and there is no air in the line... More difficult to say.

Ezek0

What error are you getting?
Try to grab the printhead and shake it up and down (gently a couple times) to see if the ink comes out. If there is no ink, then you probably have air in ink tubes sys.
Although this problem doesnt seem like it, I would check the drop detector to see if it has old dried ink in it.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hi, how do I clean the printhead connection? Are you referring to the area that has the gold pins where the printhead sits into?
Yes. You have a tool for it in the cleaning kit, the black one that looks sort of like a tooth brush.
Put a cleaning pad on it (also in the kit) and clean the connector in carriage. Use it or IPA for example on the printhead.
Wipe both with clean cloth before inserting back.

Andrew Hodgson

What error are you getting?
Try to grab the printhead and shake it up and down (gently a couple times) to see if the ink comes out. If there is no ink, then you probably have air in ink tubes sys.
Although this problem doesnt seem like it, I would check the drop detector to see if it has old dried ink in it.
I am getting the error 98:03, "Potential print-quality problem. Check printheads using the printhead status plot". I took the ink out and shook the printhead. I was able to see both magenta and cyan coming out. I did a drop detection test and it says the light cyan is 1056.

Andrew Hodgson

Yes. You have a tool for it in the cleaning kit, the black one that looks sort of like a tooth brush.
Put a cleaning pad on it (also in the kit) and clean the connector in carriage. Use it or IPA for example on the printhead.
Wipe both with clean cloth before inserting back.
I cleaned both the printhead and the printhead connection. I still am not able to get a clean print with light cyan.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 9.29.58 AM.png

Ezek0

I am getting the error 98:03, "Potential print-quality problem. Check printheads using the printhead status plot". I took the ink out and shook the printhead. I was able to see both magenta and cyan coming out. I did a drop detection test and it says the light cyan is 1056.
Is it possible for you to get your phone inside the printer and take a photo (flash will be required) of the drop detector ? I want to make sure the drop detector is clean from dried ink.
If you dont know where is it located, it's between the service station and the platen.
c02586656.png

Andrew Hodgson

Is it possible for you to get your phone inside the printer and take a photo (flash will be required) of the drop detector ? I want to make sure the drop detector is clean from dried ink.
If you dont know where is it located, it's between the service station and the platen.
View attachment 155850

The drop detector looks pretty clean to me. I have also attached a photo of the hoses on the right side.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.49.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.49.03 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 143
  • Screen-Shot-2021-10-13-at-12.49.21-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-10-13-at-12.49.21-PM.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 152

Andrew Hodgson

Putting in a new printhead finally worked. I didn't think that would be the fix since I already tried 2 before the 3rd one worked. Thank you all for your help.