• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 570 new user problems

ikarasu

I find only thin cast material will curl up and jam when loading it through.

All I do is lift the lever, manually load it until I can pull it taut/straight, close the level.. tell it to load, and it'll do it's scans and rewind it back to the beginning. Not that big of a deal...

Our current Solvent you have to load it from the back, goto the front.. pull the vinyl all the way to the floor, go back to the back, rewind it until you're at the sensor.. which you cant see, So I figured out it's "3 Revolutions" of the spindle... Load a tension bar while unwinding the material, goto the front.. hit load, wait for it to check, then back it up even more so I'm not wasting 12" of material.

I like HP's loading much better, It takes a bit to get used to, but once you do... it's much easier than at least the Seiko's I've used.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
we cater mostly for the mining industry, so when this started happening to us more frequently, the expense of media was really going up as we use primarily class 1 & class 2 reflective medias.

the head honcho is a machinist by trade, he made some nice brass weights that clip to the front of the media (see pic).

they also make a nice little *ting-ting noise when they touch the dancer bar- which if i hear it prompts me to attach it to the take up reel.

once attached we wind it back so the clips are just before the printing platen (stabbing at terminology here) and they've gone from almost daily to one every few months- which is usually from adhesive buildup.

the front printer in the pic has been wound forward so you can see the weights fully attached.
the rear printer you can see has just *ting-ting'd, so i gotta go.

hope this helps:)

But your pic is a 260 right? We have a 260 as well and never once have had the issues we do with the 560.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
This has been discussed in another thread in depth. Here is the link to it.
HP L560

Also, If you want to babysit at the beginning of each load, you can start printing with it just inside the heater area and have a straight edge inside hovering above the vinyl so that if it goes upward rather than down, you can just slide the straight edge over the vinyl and pull it down toward you. This will give you about 8 or 10 extra inches.
Not worth it to me, but sometimes it matters.

Clem

But your pic is a 260 right? We have a 260 as well and never once have had the issues we do with the 560.
Yeah, its the 260.
I posted in reply to the media head crash issue- unless the exit platen area is very different to the 260 I thought our solution could work for the 500 series too

ikarasu

This has been discussed in another thread in depth. Here is the link to it.
HP L560

Also, If you want to babysit at the beginning of each load, you can start printing with it just inside the heater area and have a straight edge inside hovering above the vinyl so that if it goes upward rather than down, you can just slide the straight edge over the vinyl and pull it down toward you. This will give you about 8 or 10 extra inches.
Not worth it to me, but sometimes it matters.
Just don't use plastic rulers like I made the mistake of doing... :D

ProColorGraphics

I know when I had my L360, with adhesive vinyl, I would remove the first ~1/2" of vinyl, leaving just the liner. Then making sure it was pressed down good and never had an issue.