• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 700 take-up solution

bigben

I have the HP 700. With almost all materials, if I don't use the take-up, the material will jam in the curing unit even if I advance the material outside of it at the start-up. The problem with this is I lost 5 linear feet each time I load a job. For smaller jobs, that is a big lost. Right now, I just stand beside the printer and keep a tension with my hand. I've tried to attach a scrap piece from the curing unit to the take-up but putting tape and align everything is very difficult and time consuming. Does anyone have a solution or idea on how I could resolve this problem AND using the take-up?

Thanks.

Dan360

I forward the material just past the curing unit, attach masking tape to the center of the material, pull it tight straight down to see where to attach and add a little slack and tape it to the takeup core. Activate the takeup by spinning it and then masking tape on the left and right sides with no slack. Have only had issues when I forget to tape the sides as well. Still have to waste about 2 feet to get it past the heater but better than feeding it all the way down there.

bigben

I forward the material just past the curing unit, attach masking tape to the center of the material, pull it tight straight down to see where to attach and add a little slack and tape it to the takeup core. Activate the takeup by spinning it and then masking tape on the left and right sides with no slack. Have only had issues when I forget to tape the sides as well. Still have to waste about 2 feet to get it past the heater but better than feeding it all the way down there.
Does you material is square or you need to cut an arc like the page 5 in this document?

Attachments

• HP Latex 700 800 Media Loading v3.pdf
    478.7 KB · Views: 126

Dan360

Square, I only cut the arc if I have issues feeding it. Reverse wound banner I find I usually have to cut the arc. But the process is basically the same I just tape the sides after activating takeup. And I just use 1 inch masking tape instead of vinyl to attach.